x5 will not reconnect when turning on

Flyinghigh

Are you putting your x5 into suspend mode when you turn it off, or is it a full shutdown ?

Mine are all hardwired, but I recall many android boxes over the years when I would use them with WiFi, I often had issues for them to reconnect, or would take forever to reconnect if coming out of a suspend mode (those that supported suspend).   After I replaced my old router with new access points, the problem seemed to go away for the most part (but still happened on occasion).   From then, what I would do, is ensure my box was set to do a full shutdown, so each time I powered it on, yes it took 30 seconds more to boot, but it was always a clean boot and never had those kind of issues when doing clean boot. 

Hell even some windows laptops are braindead when they come out of suspend mode. 

I have not tried it on the X5, since I have it wired.  But I was just speaking in general about some previous android boxes.  I think it also depends a lot on your WiFi.  Like I said, my old cheap router I had all sorts of strange issues.  Switched to high end WiFi access points (Cisco Aironet 2800 series), and have not had issues with most of my equipment since then.

My box was set to shut down the 1st night. Next morning I changed it to suspend. It is on suspend now. Box is connected wirelessly on the 2.4 band. I am also getting stream not available messages.

X5 is connected to the same network as the HD5. I verified the channel was available from the same service.

Uh oh. It's nothing I did specifically to fix it.

I'm running 20221011 with 5.0.775 buzztv app version. I don't actually turn off the box. Setting the sleep timer on the TV makes the box shutdown. The light goes red. I hit the power button in the morning and it comes right up to the homepage.

Well, surely someone jinked me. haha. Reading the post above, I decided to turn mine on today and then turn it off using the power key. So I did. Well, low and behold, mine won't connect again to the WiFi connection. I have to change bands to get it working again.

So ends up no fix for me either.

• Like 1

This box seems to be more of a headache every time I turn around. 1st I am stuck on 20220624, now after sending it in for repair, I have another problem. I am assuming this box was fully updated and fixed when it was sent back to me. Now the Internet issue.

PapaS, did you ever get your sd card? I know there was a mix-up with you even getting it.

Man, you have got to be kidding me. You requested that before I did I thought. They sent mine and told you they had a bad batch of sd cards. Can't believe they have not sent your card still. I don't have a clue what the excuse will be, but it is inexcusable. Heck, it may not matter anyway, the card I got fried my box. I get it back and now the WiFi crap. Not sure how much a consumer can stand from Buzztv.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PapaS said:

I thought had to download files to a USB drive to do it. I don't own a computer and if I did I still don't know how to use one. I'm older don't have any friends that have one to use so I'm stuck.

you dont need a computer. just insert your sd card inside your box, open up browser on your box and download into your sd card or use TeamViewer to transfer files from your cell phone to your sd card in your box. 🙂

many ways to do it without computer. 🙂

Edited by Ryu

1 hour ago, Flyinghigh said:

Man, you have got to be kidding me. You requested that before I did I thought. They sent mine and told you they had a bad batch of sd cards. Can't believe they have not sent your card still. I don't have a clue what the excuse will be, but it is inexcusable. Heck, it may not matter anyway, the card I got fried my box. I get it back and now the WiFi crap. Not sure how much a consumer can stand from Buzztv.

There you go again....lol

• Haha 3