New Formatt

Nunzio D

On 11/14/2022 at 8:33 AM, Flyinghigh said:

I feel they are posting in frustration because the darn boxes will not play as expected.

I'm in the same boat man really! since i bought the x5 it has not been what i expected a lot of bugs needs to be fix. hoping they will get all figure out and getting running the way it suppose to.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:33 AM, Flyinghigh said:

I feel they are posting in frustration because the darn boxes will not play as expected.

I'm in the same boat man really! since i bought the x5 it has not been what i expected a lot of bugs needs to be fix. hoping they will get all figure out and getting running the way it suppose to.

2 minutes ago, MilMascaras said:

How are you in the same boat?

You don't own a 4900

• Like 1

This is why I hate "this" thread.  BuzzTV 5 is too generic and people mix replies from one device to another.

This thread started about 4900 questions, and now we are talking about the x5.

When you say you have issues on the X5, what firmware and buzztv version are you on ?

Posting that you have issues, with no details, does not exactly help anyone.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

What are the bugs that need to be fixed on the X5? 

there is a couple , one is when playing a video on demand and using the backup player it takes a long time for the video to start playing also when stooping the video the box just freezes for a while then it goes to the main menu. also when using buzz tv5 for live TV and i surf to different channel suddenly it freezes and kick me out to the main menu or i have to restart the box. sometimes it doesn't let me connect to the server for some reason takes a couple of restart to connect again. using XC Login, using the latest firmware 20221011 Firmware Version
5.0.775 Buzz 5 App Version

Edited by MilMascaras

For VOD, why do you restrict yourself to backup player ?   I use primary myself and don't have issues with my providers streams for that.  But if you prefer, now for VOD you even have the option to use an external player, so you can use whatever version of VLC you want, MXplayer, etc.. 

37 minutes ago, MilMascaras said:

there is a couple , one is when playing a video on demand and using the backup player it takes a long time for the video to start playing also when stooping the video the box just freezes for a while then it goes to the main menu. also when using buzz tv5 for live TV and i surf to different channel suddenly it freezes and kick me out to the main menu or i have to restart the box. sometimes it doesn't let me connect to the server for some reason takes a couple of restart to connect again. using XC Login, using the latest firmware 20221011 Firmware Version
5.0.775 Buzz 5 App Version

There is the Primary Player that can be switched in VOD Player options of Configuration Menu

Backup Player is Libvlc, which is VLC without the UI of VLC
You can also try External Player on VOD as well, and try to see if MX Player or VLC or any other player gives the same issue.

Our next update of the Buzz app on X5 resolves some non fatal issues that showed up in logs, so might fix the getting kicked.

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

There is the Primary Player that can be switched in VOD Player options of Configuration Menu

Backup Player is Libvlc, which is VLC without the UI of VLC
You can also try External Player on VOD as well, and try to see if MX Player or VLC or any other player gives the same issue.

Our next update of the Buzz app on X5 resolves some non fatal issues that showed up in logs, so might fix the getting kicked.

The reason I used the backup is beacause the primary doesn’t work is telling me that the media is not recognized , try to use VLC or something else with no luck telling  me an error also

Edited by MilMascaras

33 minutes ago, MilMascaras said:

The reason I used the backup is beacause the primary doesn’t work is telling me that the media is not recognized , try to use VLC or something else with no luck telling  me an error also

Have you tried changing the stream type in Configuration from TS to HLS

And refreshing/reloading the server?

Might get rid of those errors.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nunzio D said:

a nice update would have a backup and restore in the tv guide

Sorry dude, but that is completely useless ?  Backing up list of favorites I can see, but the tv guide ?  Takes just a few seconds to repopulate.  And either way, it is completely obsolete in a few days.

4 minutes ago, Nunzio D said:

a nice update would have a backup and restore in the tv guide If you ever use Tivimate they have that feature so you can load your iptv provider + it downloads your guide plus your favorites I just a nice option.   

Why not try some of the suggestions offered instead of worrying about a feature buzz not have or intend to have?

• Like 1