How do you turn on the backlight on the BT-300 when paired with XRS4500?

50 minutes ago, Mediaman said:

Hey guys - anyone know how to turn on the back-light on the BT-300 remote? Can't find anyway to do this? This is with the XRS4500 BOX. Thanks!

The BT300 remote backlight is controlled via an app which is only available (for now at least) on the Android 11 boxes.  It is NOT available on the Android 9 boxes yet.  The xrs4500 is typically shipped with a BT100 remote, who's backlight can easily be toggled by pressing and holding the blue button on bottom right of the remote.  

So unless Buzz makes the app available on Android 9 boxes, you will not be able to take full advantage of the BT300 backlight on the xrs4500.  Would be nice if in a future remote firmware update, there is an option to use a remote shortcut (with no dependency on the app) to enable/disable the backlight (like the long press of another button).

On 11/16/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mediaman said:

Thank  you for your help. Buzz TV told me the next update would have the back-light work on the XRS4500. Thank you guys and thank you BUZZ TV!

Update was sent this afternoon to the 4500s that came with BT300 to add backlight ON/OFF to New Remote Control Menu in Buzz Utilities.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I just received the XRS 4500 today and the bt-400 will not light up.   I can see the menu for backlight and mouse speed but it doesn't let me go up to the light section of the remote.   I also checked under bluetooth and it says BT-400 connected.

I just received the XRS 4500 today and the bt-400 will not light up.   I can see the menu for backlight and mouse speed but it doesn't let me go up to the light section of the remote.   I also checked under bluetooth and it says BT-400 connected.

Yes....Its actually the 2nd one I bought that came with this remote.   I bought one for myself last year and couldn't get that one to light up either.   Luckily, it came with a 2nd remote which was also bluetooth but doesn't have the backlight feature.   Think its called the ir-100.

Just in case this is needed:  Firmware V20221115   Version  5.0.799   System Update 2.220914

Edited by suncomkid

Lol, you're right, it does light up...Never knew that.   Now just have to get the BT-400 backlight on.    Wish this new XRS 4500 came with the bt-100.    

Noticed on Buzz Global where I bought from, it says this comes with the BT-300 but the back of the remote says BT-400.    Am I at the correct update as the post from above said there was to be an update to make the BT-300 work......Did I get the wrong remote if it is the BT-400?

Edited by suncomkid

6 minutes ago, suncomkid said:

So should I be able to get the backlight working on it?   Can't  get it to reconnect to bluetooth now but still works no matter where I point it....No accessory connected though when I look under bluetooth.   

That just proves that the Buzz IR is just awesome !!!  No other IR remotes are that good.

For the pairing, I found that sometimes you need to put the remote into pairing, then go into the remote menu.  It should see the remote at that time, and if you select it, it should say pairing/connecting...But I find if I leave it continue, it will sometimes timeout.   But if while it is saying that it is pairing, I hit OK, it works 🙂

If that does not work, you can try doing a factory reset on the remote:  Hold the D-Pad Down button and the 0 (Zero) button for 4 seconds until it blinks 3 times.

I did a factory reset. (Emailed Buzz Global and they told me to do this) and then got it paired again.   Went into the remote section and the light on/off option was still dark and couldn't go up to it but the mouse pointer options were lit up.   I let it sit there for about 20 seconds or so and then the light on/off lit up and allowed me to turn the light on.   

Thanks for all the help and glad it works now!

• Like 2