How to program remote xsr4500??

rdw33

When you say program, I assume you mean pairing it with Bluetooth ?

Which remote did you get with your XRS4500 ?   These were originally sold with the BT100.  Nowadays I see many selling with the BT300.

Typically first time you power up the box (when it's new), it will ask you to pair the remote.  Remote is put in pairing mode (at least on the BT100) by pressing the "OK" button and then simultaneously pressing and holding the "VOLUME DN" button until the red LED slowly blinks.   

If you did not get this, you can go into settings, remote and accessories, and select "pair device".  Then put the remote into pairing mode.

Manuals (to program TV buttons):
BT100 - https://buzztv.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/BuzzTV-BT-100-Remote-Manual.pdf
BT300 - https://buzztv.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/BT400-300_manual_WEB_v6_Compress.pdf

on the BT100, backlight can be turned on my pressing and holding the blue button on the bottom right.

On the BT300, I think backlight is controlled by an app, but that app is only installed on the newer devices (X5, U5, HD5).  I don't think I have seen it on the 4500 (I could be wrong).

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, rdw33 said:

I watched this video. It says there is an app but my box doesn't have it. Frustrating.

There is an app on the android 11 units not on the android 9 It is being considered though

Edited by nbs.

I have Android 9.0
Here are the specs.

Specifications
CPU Amlogic S905X3 64-bit quad-core ARM® Cortex™ A55
GPU G31™ MP2
RAM 4GB LPDDR4
STORAGE 64GB
WIFI: 2.4GHz + 5GHz + 2X2 WIFI + Bluetooth 4+
Ethernet: 1Gbit Lan
3D: Hardware 3D graphics acceleration
Audio Decoder: Supports MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
USB host: 1 High-speed USB 3.0 and 1 High-speed USB 2.0
Card reader: TF cards
HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
High Definition video output: SD/HD max.1920x1080 pixel
OSD type of languages: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
Remote: Dual IR + Bluetooth Remote and Blacklit
HD: HD 2.1 up to 4k2k Output with HDR, CEC and HDCP 2.2, 4Kx2K@60 max
Resolution output HD 2.1 up to 4k2k Output with HDR, CEC and HDCP 2.2, 4Kx2K@60 max
resolution output:4k2k H.265 Hardware Video Decode and 4k2k Output

The app, is only on the Android 11 boxes.   The BT300/BT400 remotes were introduced with the Android 11 boxes and the app is available as Dishuser has mentioned above.  Android 9 boxes were typically sold with the 100 or 200 series remotes (IR100/I200/BT100/BT200).  The xrs4500 by default is packaged with a BT100, and on those remotes the backlight can be toggled by pressing and holding the blue button for 4 or 5 seconds.

On older boxes you will NOT get all the features out of the BT300/400 remotes since the app, for now at least, is NOT available on these boxes.  You should be able to pair it, and use the BT features of the remote, and the IR without an issue.  But as far as I know, on this remote the backlight is only accessible via the app.