4K VOD not playing on XRS4500

It plays 1080p movies very nice but whenever I try to play any 4K VOD (movie usually) it either does not even start it or if it starts to play the movie it freezes completely. I am kinda surprised with 4GB DDR4 Ram and a supposedly better CPU the XRS4500 is unable to handle 4K.  I am wired connected with a Gig connection and have stable DL/UL of around 930 all the time. I have tried both the Default and Secondary players.

9 hours ago, buzztoday said:

It plays 1080p movies very nice but whenever I try to play any 4K VOD (movie usually) it either does not even start it or if it starts to play the movie it freezes completely. I am kinda surprised with 4GB DDR4 Ram and a supposedly better CPU the XRS4500 is unable to handle 4K.  I am wired connected with a Gig connection and have stable DL/UL of around 930 all the time. I have tried both the Default and Secondary players.

My xrs 4500 handles 4k fine.  I use 4k from various Iptv services using the buzz app. I also use 4k content though emby and Netflix. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, buzztoday said:

True mine doesn't play from certain servers either 🙁 I've tried both players but no chance ,it just play for a sec than stop.

14 hours ago, buzztoday said:

In our tests
This happens because the Server isn't streaming the 4K stream fast enough
So this affects playback
This would explain why some users say works fine and others have issues on this thread.

The 4500 has 0 issues streaming 4K, if the stream you're watching it from is encoded and streamed properly.
Lots of review videos show it playing 4K HEVC 60FPS and other formats of 4K playing with ease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1