Recording one channel while watching another

Hello I’m thinking of buying the XRS4500 and read on here that eye pee tee vee providers don’t allow you to watch a different channel then what you are recording. Well I’m confused because I have 2 providers that do as long as you have 2 connections or more. So my question is the XRS4500 capable of recording diff channel then watching. ?  In fact one provider has a video hoe to do it?  And don’t hold me to this but I thought I watched a video last week just on the recording on the XRS4500 and the reviewer said you can do the above and also set the timer while you sleep and it will wake up?  Can someone please clarify this for me before I purchase?  Thank you very much for your time 

9 hours ago, lionseagles1 said:

Hello I’m thinking of buying the XRS4500 and read on here that eye pee tee vee providers don’t allow you to watch a different channel then what you are recording. Well I’m confused because I have 2 providers that do as long as you have 2 connections or more. So my question is the XRS4500 capable of recording diff channel then watching. ?  In fact one provider has a video hoe to do it?  And don’t hold me to this but I thought I watched a video last week just on the recording on the XRS4500 and the reviewer said you can do the above and also set the timer while you sleep and it will wake up?  Can someone please clarify this for me before I purchase?  Thank you very much for your time 

Recording one channel and watching another is currently not possible

Waking up to record, will be added later.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 2:06 AM, lionseagles1 said:

I was saying in another thread that the box doesn't have dual tuner to do that plus ,if it has will more expensive ,So only a box with dual tuner can record a channel and watch a different channel in the same time ,I know it will be a nice add-on from Buzztv team but maybe in the next box.

33 minutes ago, Nelutz said:

I was saying in another thread that the box doesn't have dual tuner to do that plus ,if it has will more expensive ,So only a box with dual tuner can record a channel and watch a different channel in the same time ,I know it will be a nice add-on from Buzztv team but maybe in the next box.

A dual tuner??

You mean for ATSC or Satellite?
As that is usually the term used when describing Dual Tuner.

2 minutes ago, Nelutz said:

I don't know if is possible for a full iptv-android box but the ones with DVB it is, and yes you are right @allaboutbuzz

DVB-T and T2 only works outside North America, so won't work
DVB-S2 is basically useless in North America now.

Channel Master has a box with Dual Tuner ATSC, but not sure if it is still for sale.

DVB-T/T2, ATSC and DVB-S2 have a limited market vs IPTV.  So we currently have no plans to offer a Tuner Box.
We have been looking into ATSC 3.0 though, but not sure yet as the network is currently limited.

The main thing users were looking for on this thread, was to be able to Record 1 channel and watch another on IPTV.

• Like 1