Pairing remote with TCLTV

streaming429

• streaming429 changed the title to Pairing remote with TCLTV
2 minutes ago, streaming429 said:

I understand that. You posted on Wed and I was just letting you know it hasn’t been resolved 

I never expected it to be resolved by now

you must not realize there are people ahead of you that sent in emails or submitted a ticket

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

I never expected it to be resolved by now

you must not realize there are people ahead of you that sent in emails or submitted a ticket

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate it. I just did not interpret it in that way from your first response. My apologies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I apologize for not using the quote button with these replies, it does nothing when I push it and Ive tried 3 different browsers.

"Get a BT250 " -gig63

Is that remote proven to pair with a TCL tv with Roku operating system? 

"Since its a Roku TV.  That is why it does not work.  We confirmed this with our remote factory."  -allaboutbuzz

Honestly its just an infared signal...basically blinking a code...whether Roku OS or not.  Im not asking for a source input button or anything Roku specific, just volume up/down/mute.  If you guys aren't willing to ask the remote control factory people to;

A: Add a one button autoscan in learning mode to try 100's of different codes a few seconds apart

or

B: Add and IR input function to clone individual button pushes of any IR remote

...if neither of those...can you at least create an app that allows a universal BT/IR remote (https://www.sofabaton.com/u1.html   for example) to be mapped to work with your OS?  If I cant pair your remote to my TCL Roku tv, I can pair a nice universal remote to the TCL and bluetooth pair it with your box, then map it via an app you'd support.

thanks,

Matt

The BT-250 remote uses a different concept that the BT300/400 remotes (it is similar to the IR100/IR200/BT100/BT200 remotes).  The buttons on the top that you see in the image below that are surrounded with a BLUE line are IR learning buttons.   On the 100 series remotes you only have 2 buttons (TV power, and source), on the 200 series remotes, you have 4 buttons (TV Power, TV source, TV VOL+ and TV VOL-).  The programming is primitive, but it works well.  You put the remote in learn mode, you press the button you want to program, then you take your original remote, point it to the front (IR) of the buzz remote and you press it for it to learn it.  

In reality, you can program them all to do what you want.  If you don't care for the "TV source" button, you can program it to be "TV mute" if you want.  On my BT200 I have programmed the VOL buttons in reverse.  VOL- I programmed as VOL+ and vice versa.  You may think it is nuts, but I have a preference and I'm used to having VOL+ to the right of a VOL- button.  So regardless of what the buttons say, muscle memory will always click the right button to increase volume, and left button to decrease 🙂

I don't have a Roku TV, so I can't confirm 100% that it will work with your IR remote, but I don't see why not.  I have a small 20+yr old Audiovox LCD TV (one of the first).  I could never get any universal remote (I tried piles of URC, OneForAll, RCA, etc.. ) remotes and none had a code which worked for this TV (never tried a harmony).   But I managed to use the original remote (which still partially works) and programmed a Buzz IR200 remote with the power button for the TV, and Volume controls (don't need the source button).

Keep in mind that if your TV needs more than a single keypress to cycle through "input sources", then the source button will be useless for that purpose.  ie: if your TV requires you to click on a button to bring up the sources, then use a d-pad to select the source you want and then possibly even require you to hit OK before it switches, then it will not work.  This TV source button is for TVs that use a single discrete code to cycle through the various input sources.

spacer.png

If you want, check out my post in another thread, I posted a manual for the BT-250 in PDF format.  You will see how the process goes about to program the learn keys. 

https://stbtalk.com/index.php?/topic/5646-bt-250-remote/&do=findComment&comment=18958

I've seen the sofabaton remotes.  They look nice (and with the end of the harmony remotes they are pretty much the best option), but they are not cheap.  They will cost as much as the buzz box itself 🙂  I don't know if they support the buzz boxes, but I am sure they would be open to add support if they had the codes needed.

Edited by Emporium