WiFi connection drops

Jenng0507

I searched and can’t find an exact fix to my problem

I recently updated my boxes (I know I’m late) now that it’s on 5.0 it’s not staying connected to WiFi. I know this is a big of some sort because I have 2 boxes and no other connection issues except these devices. It connects on startup, but five minutes in it’s like my wireless networks disappear. And nothings shows until it’s rebooted. Anyone know how to fix this?

5.0.766 is far from being the newest version.  After a reset it may take some time for it to update.  You can try to go to "menu->settings-Check for updates" and see if that forces an update.

5.0.935 I believe is the latest public release, but not sure what the 4000 has gotten, but I'd be surprised if it is not 5.0.9xx at least.

Does your router present you with a single SSID to connect to, or do you get 2 SSID (on for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Ghz).   If you have only a single one, that may be what is causing the issue.  The router is trying to decide if 2.4 or 5Ghz band is best for the connection and my be trying to change it when it detects conditions have changed.   Don't know what router you have, but many routers give the option to disable what is called "band steering", which combines the 2 bands into one.  If you can find that option in your router, disable it, in order to get 2 separate SSID (one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Gh). And connect to the 2.4Ghz to start. This will make it more stable.

Also, before making any changes, I am assuming you have already at least rebooted both your router and modem ?

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Emporium said:

5.0.766 is far from being the newest version.  After a reset it may take some time for it to update.  You can try to go to "menu->settings-Check for updates" and see if that forces an update.

5.0.935 I believe is the latest public release, but not sure what the 4000 has gotten, but I'd be surprised if it is not 5.0.9xx at least.

Does your router present you with a single SSID to connect to, or do you get 2 SSID (on for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Ghz).   If you have only a single one, that may be what is causing the issue.  The router is trying to decide if 2.4 or 5Ghz band is best for the connection and my be trying to change it when it detects conditions have changed.   Don't know what router you have, but many routers give the option to disable what is called "band steering", which combines the 2 bands into one.  If you can find that option in your router, disable it, in order to get 2 separate SSID (one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Gh). And connect to the 2.4Ghz to start. This will make it more stable.

Also, before making any changes, I am assuming you have already at least rebooted both your router and modem ?

Yes it’s a single said right now I can change that I will try it

Last question and I will leave you guys alone lmao! The xc api login now says cannot load portal unable to connect to server try rebooting box

I've reboot, several times and not working it a new subscription and worked prior to update of the box

Also, make sure you reseller doesn't have your account "locked" to "agent".  Since you upgraded from buzztv4 to buzztv 5, it is quite possible that the agent being reported by the new version of BuzzTV 5 is different than that from buzztv4.  

Typical typos BTW are extra spaces after the ":".   Sometimes the on screen keyboards, auto add a space or 2 after punctuation.

Edited by Emporium