BuzzTV6 Application: Wishlist for New Features and Enhancements

Stugots

Buzz 6 with my provider is still having issues (live channels now have strange repeating instead of streaming error messages) so I am using Buzz 5 until fixed.  Just pointing out differences I thought could work on 5 without going back to my 4900😞

12 hours ago, pugsycan said:

Does on mine too

done a hard reset and i can't get the latest update, and it shows what is in the pics, second topic is if I go and change the launcher.  I was told I have the buxzzv5 firmware  now not the buzztv6 firmware

20240821_091837[1].jpg

20240821_093749[1].jpg

23 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

done a hard reset and i can't get the latest update, and it shows what is in the pics, second topic is if I go and change the launcher.  I was told I have the buxzzv5 firmware  now not the buzztv6 firmware

20240821_091837[1].jpg

20240821_093749[1].jpg

33 minutes ago, nbs. said:

There is only one firmware for the p6 

You are posting the buzz 5 software As you've been told you need to be in the buzz 6 software and check menu

how do i get the buzz 6 software? after the hard reset this is what I was left with

34 minutes ago, dishuser said:

don't change the launcher

i did this only playing around to see what the other launchers looked like but again, after the hard reset I guess I am left with bnuzz5 software and not buzz6 software and have no idea how to get buzz6 back

3 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

i did this only playing around to see what the other launchers looked like but again, after the hard reset I guess I am left with bnuzz5 software and not buzz6 software and have no idea how to get buzz6 back

home screen and hilite/select buzztv 6

53 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

that just brings me to my iptv service that I added. it doesn't upgrade me to buzztv6 firmware

No one said it would upgrade but you can hit the menu button and check bottom of pop up screen 

Again its not firmware it's software

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

on the update page this is what I see 20240821_091837[1].jpg

And this is NORMAL.  "V20240816" is the latest "firmware".  5.0.915 is the version of BuzzTV 5 installed.  And that is fine, since BOTH buzztv5 and Buztv6 "software" are installed.

For Home screen, you seem to have changed to the "BuzzTV Media Player 2" Home screen.  To Launch BuzzTV 6 on that one (assuming you have not created a shortcut), you will need to select "ALL APPS" and you will see BuzzTV 6 on the second row, right next to BuzzTV 5.  But BuzzTV 6 is a little different, when you select it, it will take you to the BuzzTV 6 home screen.  Do youself a favor and just switch to the Buzztv 6 home screen to BuzzTV 6.

So in summary.. V20240816 (as of today) is the latest firmware for the P6.  BOTH buzzTV 5 and 6 software are installed on the P6.  As of today. BuzzTV 5 version is 5.0.915 that is installed on this box.  BuzzTV 6 version can vary (not going to go into details), either 1.0.16 or 1.0.17. 

To get updates to BuzzTV 6 (just like BuzzTV 5) software, you can go into menu->settings and select "check update".  You can see the version that is installed on your device, when you hit the menu button, on the bottom left.  If you see 1.0.xx then you are in buzztv 6, if you see 5.0.xxx you are in buzztv 5.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Emporium said:

And this is NORMAL.  "V20240816" is the latest "firmware".  5.0.915 is the version of BuzzTV 5 installed.  And that is fine, since BOTH buzztv5 and Buztv6 "software" are installed.

For Home screen, you seem to have changed to the "BuzzTV Media Player 2" Home screen.  To Launch BuzzTV 6 on that one (assuming you have not created a shortcut), you will need to select "ALL APPS" and you will see BuzzTV 6 on the second row, right next to BuzzTV 5.  But BuzzTV 6 is a little different, when you select it, it will take you to the BuzzTV 6 home screen.  Do youself a favor and just switch to the Buzztv 6 home screen to BuzzTV 6.

So in summary.. V20240816 (as of today) is the latest firmware for the P6.  BOTH buzzTV 5 and 6 software are installed on the P6.  As of today. BuzzTV 5 version is 5.0.915 that is installed on this box.  BuzzTV 6 version can vary (not going to go into details), either 1.0.16 or 1.0.17. 

To get updates to BuzzTV 6 (just like BuzzTV 5) software, you can go into menu->settings and select "check update".  You can see the version that is installed on your device, when you hit the menu button, on the bottom left.  If you see 1.0.xx then you are in buzztv 6, if you see 5.0.xxx you are in buzztv 5.

right i understand this but what i showed u in the pic is what I get when I CHECK FOR UPDATES.....buzztv6 seems to have been wiped from the device as all this shows is the info in that pic for buzztv5

5 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

where is it then? becasue homepage/buzztv6 def dosnet take me there it takes me to set up iptv

The instructions was listed here in our announcement of the update

You will be prompted for the update automatically.
Or you can check manually when in Live TV, pressing Menu>Settings>Check Update

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

The instructions was listed here in our announcement of the update

You will be prompted for the update automatically.
Or you can check manually when in Live TV, pressing Menu>Settings>Check Update

when i go tt CHECK UPDATES i am shown that screen in the pic that shows buzztv5 software