Buzz TV5 update issues

Jtun

Ever since I updated to buzz tv 5 I have to clear cache every day for iptv to start working, box disconnects from wifi or won’t start iptv. After I clear cache and restart or plug out box and then back in about 3 or 4 times then it works again. 

Have you tried forgetting/deleting the WiFi settings on the box and then recreating them ?  The WiFi has nothing to do with Buzztv5 itself, since that is part of the OS/firmware, not BuzzTV5 software.   Maybe try rebooting you WiFi router/access points also.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Emporium said:

Have you tried forgetting/deleting the WiFi settings on the box and then recreating them ?  The WiFi has nothing to do with Buzztv5 itself, since that is part of the OS/firmware, not BuzzTV5 software.   Maybe try rebooting you WiFi router/access points also.

Yes this I’ve tried.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Back again, still all the same things happening and I’ve tried all of the above.  Everyday have to clear cache multiple times, restart, plug out then in then after a few times of doing these things it’ll start working again 

not sure whats going on but few things you can try.

try to switch media player. try a vpn. if using vpn then try without vpn. try to use on third party app on your box and see if it makes any difference. it might be your isp. try a diffrent server because it might by your server. so more testing and info required to understand whats going on. 

Did you do a hard reset (true factory default) after updating to BuzzTV 5 ? 

You can find the procedure here:  https://stbtalk.com/topic/300-factory-reset-hard-reset-xr4500-xrs4500/

Slightly different box, but procedure is identical.  Keep in mind you will need to reinstall/reconfigure everything after the reset.

Are you using WiFi or Hardwired with Ethernet cable ?  If you are using WiFi, as a test, can you try running an ethernet cable back to your device and see if the same issues persist with cable and wifi ?  May just be taking the box longer to connect to your WiFi router.  Not all routers are created equal.

• Like 1