Channel Changing

allinghj

There's one channel that I watch a lot so when I'm done watching, I just leave my Classic on that channel. When I come back later in the day or maybe the next day, the channel is always switched to UK BBC4. What's going on here and how do I stop it?

• Like 1

more information is always better.

do you power off your box or leave it on? what's your power off setting? is that Mac or XC API? how do you turn back on your device? do you press any button other than power?

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Just curious, is the UK category one of the first categories in your providers natural lineup ?

Reason I ask, is that I have one friend who swear that his box, every time he turns it on, it goes to the 4th channel (yes channel #4 without any renumbering active))  in the first category (which in his case is a 24/7 channel).  Funny part, I use the same service and it has happened to me 2 or 3 times (same channel), but originally I ignored it, as a fluke, that maybe I had accidently hit some button before powering down.

• Like 1

I am using the BT-400 remote And on one of my units when I turn off the tv it transmits a 8 the the stb (same frequency as the off signal as the tv's off) Just saying may be it I hit last channel and it takes me back to my regular channel 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ryu said:

more information is always better.

do you power off your box or leave it on? what's your power off setting? is that Mac or XC API? how do you turn back on your device? do you press any button other than power?

leave my stb on. I'm on XC API.

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

Just curious, is the UK category one of the first categories in your providers natural lineup ?

Reason I ask, is that I have one friend who swear that his box, every time he turns it on, it goes to the 4th channel (yes channel #4 without any renumbering active))  in the first category (which in his case is a 24/7 channel).  Funny part, I use the same service and it has happened to me 2 or 3 times (same channel), but originally I ignored it, as a fluke, that maybe I had accidently hit some button before powering down.

It's channel 8.

27 minutes ago, pugsycan said:

I am using the BT-400 remote And on one of my units when I turn off the tv it transmits a 8 the the stb (same frequency as the off signal as the tv's off) Just saying may be it I hit last channel and it takes me back to my regular channel 

You nailed it. When I turn off the TV using the TV remote, it changes my stb to channel 8. Well done pugsycan!

Lol.. Same codes as some of the 2nd tier brands like TCL, Haier, Vizio, etc..    My mom's does the same when she turns on/off her electric fireplace, she has a Haier 🙂

Since the remote is connected to the STB using BT, you can try covering the IR receiver on the front of the STB.  However there are some cases I've seen, that power on for the STB requires IR.  But you can experiment.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, allinghj said:

You nailed it. When I turn off the TV using the TV remote, it changes my stb to channel 8. Well done pugsycan!

maybe try to program again with tv with different code might help. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ryu said:

maybe try to program again with tv with different code might help. 

He said he had a Classic, so typically the Classic comes with a BT-250, so there is no programming as with the BT300/400.  IT is just learning keys from TV remote.

• Like 2