Recording Issues

bearbum

Hi,

New to this BuzzTV box. I have the classic and got step up with a provider. Seems to be working good besides not loading some of the descriptions on some channels. My main issue seems to be recording. I set a soccer match to record... shows up that it's recording in the guide and in the recording schedules but when I goto the PVR section nothing is there. I tried another random show and same thing. They are listed in the schedule but nothing is saving to the device. Location for saving is set to internal memory.... other then that the box is brand new with no changes made.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Does the service you got from your "provider" allow multiple connections ?   If not. then if you are watching TV while it is scheduled to record, it will fail.

Using MAC/XC or M3U type sub ?  

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the reply.

It's one connection. Using Mac address. I was told the box needs to be left on and on the channel...so leaving on the channel I wasn't doing. I'll try it again tonight.

• Like 1

I left it on the channel to record something and it still didn't leave me with any recording to view in the morning. If I go back to the guide 4 hours to that program it has a red rec icon on it still. I'm not getting any error messages or anything.... if I look at recording schedule it lists my scheduled programs.

7 hours ago, bearbum said:

I left it on the channel to record something and it still didn't leave me with any recording to view in the morning. If I go back to the guide 4 hours to that program it has a red rec icon on it still. I'm not getting any error messages or anything.... if I look at recording schedule it lists my scheduled programs.

Are you running the latest App Version
5.0.935?

You can check when in Live TV
Press the Menu Button
The version # is listed on the bottom of the slide out menu

If its not 935
Then select settings and go to check update.
It should automatically download + install

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Are you running the latest App Version
5.0.935?

You can check when in Live TV
Press the Menu Button
The version # is listed on the bottom of the slide out menu

If its not 935
Then select settings and go to check update.
It should automatically download + install

Hi. Yes shows as 5.0.935. I looked for update also several times so I'm assuming this is the newest one.

I mean it's a brand new box... got it off Amazon a week ago. Should I return it? 

Edited by bearbum

9 hours ago, dishuser said:

when you left it on the channel did you turn box off?

No. I turn the TV off with TV remote and leave it as is on the channel. In the morning I turn the TV on and it was still on the channel. When I goto the PVR page it shows "no EPG available" on the right side.

12 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Hit the record button while watching tv. Will it record what you are watching?

Doesnt seem to be. It flashes that it adds the schedule for the program. If I close the guide and open it it'll show the red rec icon on the program after a few seconds but that's it...nothing ever shows up on that PVR page... the size remaining on the hard drive never changes ether.

48 minutes ago, bearbum said:

Doesnt seem to be. It flashes that it adds the schedule for the program. If I close the guide and open it it'll show the red rec icon on the program after a few seconds but that's it...nothing ever shows up on that PVR page... the size remaining on the hard drive never changes ether.

Can you use the Backup feature in Configuration
Save it to USB

Then factory reset the box, Restore the file and try recording again.

This video explains how to do a Reset

Try this and let us know

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 11:21 AM, allaboutbuzz said:

Can you use the Backup feature in Configuration
Save it to USB

Then factory reset the box, Restore the file and try recording again.

This video explains how to do a Reset

Try this and let us know

Thanks for your help that did the trick. One thing I noticed now when I first set a recording or went to the PVR page it asked for permission to access the data on device... allow or decline. I don't remember seeing this screen first time unless it flashed and I accidentally declined it. 

Ether way its working now 😁

Edited by bearbum
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, bearbum said:

Thanks for your help that did the trick. One thing I noticed now when I first set a recording or went to the PVR page it asked for permission to access the data on device... allow or decline. I don't remember seeing this screen first time unless it flashed and I accidentally declined it. 

Ether way its working now 😁

Ok great to hear 

• Like 1