**NEW** Buzz 5 App Update - Version 935 - June 5th, 2024

allaboutbuzz

• 1 month later...

From Live TV, did you try to go to Menu->Settings->Check Updates ?  Do you get any message on the bottom when you press it ?  If so, what does it say ?

V20240202 is the correct latest firmware for the Classic.   But the S/W version should be 5.0.935.

15 minutes ago, DiRama said:

I have a Buzztv Classic 5. Last update was 2/24. It’s OS version 11. Firmware version V20240202. IPTV version 5.0.913. Why don’t I have a June update yet?

If you want, from the HOME screen, go to "Setting icon" (top right), scroll down to "apps", "see all apps".  Then go down to "BuzzTV 5" press OK, and then select to "clear cache".  Press "OK" and then back.Scroll further down, and you should find "BuzzTV OTA" and on that one, you can scroll down and select "Clear Data" (this will also clear cache).

Now go back into LiveTV and go back into Menu->Settings->Check Update and see if the message changes.

Hello. When I did all you said Emporium (thanks for you quick response). It starts to update but the line on bottom of screen does not completely download,  but it says it updated. When I check it’s still same S/W version. 😣

21 minutes ago, DiRama said:

Hello. When I did all you said Emporium (thanks for you quick response). It starts to update but the line on bottom of screen does not completely download,  but it says it updated. When I check it’s still same S/W version. 😣

Did you clear the cache and data from the 2 apps I mentioned ?

If that does not work, then assuming you don't have too many 3rd party apps, you can backup your Servers, Favorites, and settings to a USB stick (Menu->Settings->configuration->Backup and Restore), then do a hard factory reset on the box to clear it and that will typically help.  Check to make sure there is a ZIP file created on your USB stick before doing a reset (otherwise no backup) 🙂  And keep in mind any 3rd party apps you have installed (like Plex, kodi, or others), you'll need to reinstall.

Procedure: https://stbtalk.com/topic/300-factory-reset-hard-reset-xr4500-xrs4500/

Different Buzz box, same procedure for reset.

22 minutes ago, dishuser said:

you can use the power button on the box for a hard reset

agreed.. On the classic you can can hold the power button, instead of putting something in the A/V hole (forgot about that) 🙂.  But the rest of the process is the same.

• Thanks 1

As you suggested, I  did clear the cache and data before. I have saved the latest setup I have to my usb drive. So I guess I will have to do a reset as you suggest. Bummer that I have to reinstall my 3rd party apps but I get it. This may be a dumb question but do I keep the usb drive plugged into the buzz tv while doing the reset?

So after a factory reset it finally updated and I know dishuser said to restore app settings. I tried to do that but it only sees internal storage. When I go to storage it shows usb there but it only lets me set up the usb so I would have to format it and lose backup. 

Can you confirm if there is a .yaml file inside the ZIP file ?  Don't lose that zip file if it does 🙂

When you go to restore, and you put cursor over the "Internal storage", and you click OK on it, does it not allow yo uto switch to the USB stick ?

16 minutes ago, DiRama said:

Does it matter that I didn’t put in account credentials this time. Also, my sound bar is not connecting via Bluetooth. Sorry to be so needy. 😬

Is your live tv working?

29 minutes ago, DiRama said:

I don’t know how to confirm that and it does not allow me to pick anything other than internal storage when I click on it. 

Did you try a different USB port ?  Did you check on a PC if the zip file is still on the USB stick ?  Worst case, try copying the file to another USB stick (copy to your PC from USB, and then put another usb stick and copy the file to the root of the new USB stick.

And no, credentials are not needed (I assume you mean google account).  I never use my google credentials, since I just sideload everything anyhow.