Unable to pair bluetooth controller

best doctor

I’m new to this forum, so my apologies if there’s some information I’m missing.

I sometimes use my XRS4900 with the Steam Link app to play games on my tv, but I’ve been stuck using a wired connection because the box fails to pair, despite recognizing the device.

is there any solution, or a planned update to fix this?

5 minutes ago, dishuser said:

and just so you know wifi and bt share the same chipset but I can't read...lol

Sorry, I was just overly frustrated.

I did get it to connect, though. Specifically by putting the controller back in pairing mode after it fails to pair, but gets registered as a device anyway. Wifi settings didn’t seem to change anything.

Unfortunately, however, the Steam Link app doesn’t seem to recognize it.

Posted (edited)

If the controller is registered as a device and Steam Link app doesn’t seem to recognize it, it is NOT the box that is the problem.  Steam link app is the issue.

And don't expect any updates for the hardware.  The 4900 is an older box (on Android 9), but it is a great box for IPTV (what it was intended for).  The 5 series boxes are on Android 11, and just around the corner are the new Android 13 boxes which were recently announced.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Emporium said:

If the controller is registered as a device and Steam Link app doesn’t seem to recognize it, it is NOT the box that is the problem.  Steam link app is the issue.

I thought as much, but figured I should mention it anyway, especially since it works fine when I do the same with my phone.

Still, thanks for the informative response.