X5 does not power off

I set a new X5 up for my parents and it will not power off when they push the power button. Everything has the latest versions. I even tried turning cec off and no change. Any ideas? It affects their epg unless they do a refresh everyday, plus it should be powered down when not being used.

Thanks in advance. 

Did you actually "program" the remote ?

Try to do a factory reset of the remote (to be independent of the TV).

To factory reset the BT300/400 remote: Hold the D-Pad Down button and the 0 (Zero) button for 4 seconds until it blinks 3 times.  Then try it again.

Also make sure the powerkey definition is set to "shutdown".  I believe by default it is set to "suspend".

17 minutes ago, Emporium said:

To factory reset the BT300/400 remote: Hold the D-Pad Down button and the 0 (Zero) button for 4 seconds until it blinks 3 times.  Then try it again.

Also make sure the powerkey definition is set to "shutdown".  I believe by default it is set to "suspend".

Yes I did both of those things and it still doesn't power down. It's odd.

16 minutes ago, Emporium said:

On 4/6/2024 at 1:06 PM, ThrasherPrime said:

Here is what I have going on. The person from their help area that wanted me to send now says I'm good. But the software version is wrong. I still think the firmware is wrong. See attached photos. 20240406_122827.thumb.jpg.9fd120787aad4e17f3a48364c8389dbf.jpg20240406_122752.thumb.jpg.a65ea09652fb10f4c9bd8ba3807e245b.jpg

On 4/6/2024 at 2:01 PM, Emporium said:

True.. But I don't think the firmware update took.  Maybe downloaded (hence the release notes), but it did not actually install.

Considering the box is back up and running, I would not probably do a PIN method factory reset one more time.  This would clear all cache and prep for latest update.

On 4/6/2024 at 1:58 PM, dishuser said:

and you're in wrong screen to check for software updates

On 4/6/2024 at 3:22 PM, Emporium said:

I say, you got nothing to lose at this point 🙂

38 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Yes I did that. I think it is the TV. When I unpair the TV it works. When I pair the TV it does not. I turned CEC off Na d rebooted. 

It's not a huge deal as they have been unplugging it when they are done. 

Not sure why my previous post has all that garbage from a previous issue unrelated to this. 

If you did a factory reset of the REMOTE, it should no longer be paired with the TV.  It should have 0 control of the TV.  That was the whole point.

I never pair my remotes with the TV.  My box is configured with powerkey definition as "shutdown".   Disable the "force max volume" option.

Then I turn on the TV, put the volume to halfway or 60%.  Then control everything from the box, including the variable volume.  On remotes like the BT250, which have learning keys, I'll program the 4 keys for TV volume, source and TV power.  But the BT300/400  pair, but does not always work well with all brands and CEC implementations.  I prefer just leaving it unpaired so the buzz remote controls only the buzz box, nothing on the TV.

25 minutes ago, Emporium said:

If you did a factory reset of the REMOTE, it should no longer be paired with the TV.  It should have 0 control of the TV.  That was the whole point.

I never pair my remotes with the TV.  My box is configured with powerkey definition as "shutdown".   Disable the "force max volume" option.

Then I turn on the TV, put the volume to halfway or 60%.  Then control everything from the box, including the variable volume.  On remotes like the BT250, which have learning keys, I'll program the 4 keys for TV volume, source and TV power.  But the BT300/400  pair, but does not always work well with all brands and CEC implementations.  I prefer just leaving it unpaired so the buzz remote controls only the buzz box, nothing on the TV.

Yeah, I gave them that option of using 2 remotes and they would rather unplug it when they aren't using it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

And like I said the TV is older too so it might that. My Sony works perfectly and I have a sound bar too. 

13 minutes ago, ThrasherPrime said:

Yeah, I gave them that option of using 2 remotes and they would rather unplug it when they aren't using it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

And like I said the TV is older too so it might that. My Sony works perfectly and I have a sound bar too. 

Is the buzz box the only thing they use on that TV ?

I have one TV and that is all I use is my u5 buzz box.  My remote is not programmed to TV.  So configured the buzz box to disable "Force max volume", so that way the volume on the remote controls the variable volume output of the buzz box.  The TV volume is always set to about 65%, so  that way the volume button on the remote will control the volume from the box to vary from 0% to 65% max volume of the TV.   And the tv input is always set to HDMI1.   So all I need to do, is power on the TV (I usually just press the button on the TV), and then afterwards everything else is controllable from the buzz remote.