BuzzTV x5 128ai timeshift

Gilles1945

Hi, since fews days something is weird. My timeshift doesn't work anymore. And my settings in PVR Options is set to timeshift is "on" and in the ingo the icon "TS" is there click back pause forward no reaction. Now I choose no timeshift than erase cash restart in info there's no timeshift. So make new changes back with timeshift this time erase cash restart in info the icon timeshift is there click rewind pause fast-forward nothing.

So I  did the factory reset made new changes to get timeshift back it work for a while but suddenly it's not working anymore did this 2 time and still get same problem. 

Now I did hard re-set every thing work for a while again. 

So can someone explain what's happening. Does BuzzTV as cancelled this function ??

Current Fermware Version :V20230815

Current IPTV Version:5.0.906

Last time checked for update:Sat,13Jan 2024 13:30

for timeshift do you have external storage? if yes, maybe its going bad? try to reformat and try different USB port. or try a different storage and see if that helps. 

I just tried on both internal and external and so far so good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ryu said:

for timeshift do you have external storage? if yes, maybe its going bad? try to reformat and try different USB port. or try a different storage and see if that helps. 

I just tried on both internal and external and so far so good.

Agreed.  I had some crappy Kingston stick I used at one point and even though it seemed to work, it was flaky and caused all sorts of sporadic issues.   Replaced the stick with a new Sandisk I picked up at costco, and ensure you install in in the USB 3 (Blue) port to get the best throughput on it, and all works fine since.

• Like 3

I personally don't use TS any more (except when specifically doing tests on the feature).  Never cared for it really, realized that even when I had it enabled I never used it, and it is just :"wear and tear" on a USB stick (constant write).  Live TV is LiveTV, so if I miss it, too bad.. And I wait for commercial to take a pee break 🙂  And TV Series, I mostly watch them on VOD.  Even recently, I missed the start of the "transplant" episode I wanted to watch, which was online at 9pm.  My 10:30pm, it was already available on my services VOD, so I just watched it on VOD later, where I can pause and do everything, and it was commercial free also. 

But any USB stick, I would format it on a PC, and ensure it is formatted in exFAT filesystem.  This way you will not have the 4GB file size limit which is the limitation of the FAT32 filesystem which is what the default format is on most android boxes.

• Like 3