BuzzTV x5 128ai hard reset

Gilles1945

Hi, everybody wishing you all happy holidays. 

I'm still having to unplug my BuzzTV X5 and router and modem every day.  It's always freezing, it's setup the way no timeshift no force usb ts. In the USB input I have a 32GB in blue input. 

That's my 3rd hard reset to day and I still have my old settings. Usually went you do a hard reset it's supposed to be like new but it keep my old settings and anyway I 'm still have freezing. You may say it's my supplier but I tried few weeks ago the one suggested by someone on the site and was freezing the same. 

So what should I do now?? If you need more information just let me know. 

My wife is not impressed, every time we are looking at a movie I have to restart. 

It's better with my cellular it's not freezing. I may not be able to rewind fast-forward pause record. But at the least it's not freezing. 

Please help

40 minutes ago, Gilles1945 said:

This is exactly what I do.

If it is done properly, there should be no way you still have your old settings.  Something is surely not working.

Have you tried resetting through the settings menu instead ?

So when you go through the pinhole, you get this screen first... 

x5_factory_reset.jpg.8687799862598b3abc586347cf771aa2.jpg

And then after selecting the highlighted option, you get the next confirmation screen ?

x5_factory_reset_confirm.jpg.b733f33fb84af096e2b52fc8b090c7a6.jpg

And you select that and then see the box formatting partition, etc.. Before coming back and highlighting the reboot now ?

At the second confirmation screen, I "tried" to hit the back button on my remote to NOT do a reset, and I found out the hard way, that I should have highlited the "cancel" option instead, since the back key just confirmed my factory reset 🙂   Oh well.  After that, since I had gone this far, I decided to choose the 2 other options" wipe cache partition" and "wipe param partition" and only then did I reboot.   Don't think the last 2 are needed (since the first option does it all.

Anyhow, after  reboot, the box asked me to pair my remote, select my region, connect to internet, etc....  Once that was done, a few seconds later it started to auto install some of the basic apps (vlc, disney, netflix, etc..)..  Once that was done, I checked my server settings and they were all blank :).   No big deal, since I have them all saved on a USB stick, put it in and restored them.   Few seconds after launching my Live TV, the box decided to take a new update.

And this is all on the EXACT same box you have (the X5 128AI).

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2

Well bad news, was to good to be true. I had to finish my movie with my cellular. 

The message I get and even went watching a channel. There is the message. I also included a picture of the message. 

(Media format is not supported)

20231230_164538.jpg

Edited by Gilles1945
Can't see my picture

Sounds like the server either stopped streaming for a while OR Changed stream and/or stream format on the fly.

Are you using MAC, XC or M3U type server login ?

If you are using XC, I would recommend changing the stream format.  In the Menu -> Settings -> Configuration, it is now the 7th option from the top.  You should have "Automatic", "M3U/HLS" or "TS".   Possibly the Automatic may not be working well with your service.  Try forcing it to "M3U/HLS" or "TS".  If that doesn't work, try the other one.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello, I bought BuzzTV X5 AX-C [4G-DDR4-64GB eMMC] name and url, but once add the error which tells me to add a password or this one is not valid, but diablo does not need a password

I did the same procedure that Emporium suggested, but it still asks me the error, see my image:

spacer.png

On the first installation when I received my buzz I installed my configs without passwords and it worked very well and even with my 5 other old boxes of old buzz models. What to do???? Thank you for coming to my aid, for the moment I have paid for my plan with diablo for 6 months and I cannot have any other collection than by creating a new mac, it does not provide M3U or other for security reasons.

*Sorry for my crappy English, I had to use Google translator.

Big thanks !! ☺

Edited by B Y

Hello, After rejecting the device as always I created my mac to add my diablo package and add my Name to the connection url and it does not need a password, but it gives me the error who says that my password is not valid, why now it says an error when before it worked very well?

I did the same procedure that Emporium suggested, but it still asks me the error, see my image:

spacer.png

On the first installation when I received my buzz I installed my configs without passwords and it worked very well and even with my 5 other old boxes of old buzz models. What to do???? Thank you for coming to my aid, for the moment I have paid for my plan with diablo for 6 months and I cannot have any other collection than by creating a new mac, it does not provide M3U or other for security reasons.

*Sorry for my crappy English, I had to use Google translator.

Big thanks !! ☺

If you had this service on another box (or tried it on something like STBemu on another box), you will need to ask your provider to do a RESET on you account.  The account "marries" itself to a box the first time it connects.

For MAC, I assume you gave your provider the "Server ID" that is on the top right of your screen starting with 00:1A:79...

PS: Next time please start your own thread, since your issue is NOT related to the original thread.  Thank you.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Emporium said:

If you had this service on another box (or tried it on something like STBemu on another box), you will need to ask your provider to do a RESET on you account.  The account "marries" itself to a box the first time it connects.

For MAC, I assume you gave your provider the "Server ID" that is on the top right of your screen starting with 00:1A:79...

PS: Next time please start your own thread, since your issue is NOT related to the original thread.  Thank you.

Thank you for your support and given my problem I decided to add my request to this post, sorry if I didn't do that well 😞

`My diabloiptv provider reset my account and gave me my collection information with great support and even if I added username and passewold it still gives me the same error, I reset the box several times times and nothing to do, still same problem, I will return my BuzzTV X5 AX-C to you under warranty

You can tell me the procedure to follow for the return on warranty given what a buzz lol 😉

Thank you for your support

First of all, stop mentioning the service name.  That is RULE #1.

Secondly, did you VERIFY that there is no "space" in the URL ?  Android on screen keyboard, has a tendency to add spaces after a ".".  I have tested out the same service in the past and it works fine on any Buzz box.
I don't know if something has changed since I tested it, but last I used it, I don't think that service required a username/password.  It was just the Portal URL, and I gave my MAC to the provider (MAC is on the top right - "Server ID" which starts by 00:1A:79).   You do not need to check the checkbox for "user credentials"
Also, when I mentioned for the reset, it was NOT to reset your box.  It is a reset on your account that the reseller does on their panel. 

-------------

Tout d'abord, cessez de mentionner le nom du service.  C'est la règle n°1, et strictement interdit.

Deuxièmement, avez-vous VÉRIFIÉ qu'il n'y a pas d'espace dans l'URL ?  Le clavier à l'écran d'Android a tendance à ajouter des espaces après un ".".  J'ai testé le même service dans le passé et il fonctionne bien sur n'importe quelle boîte Buzz.

Je ne sais pas si quelque chose a changé depuis que je l'ai tester, mais la dernière fois que je l'ai utilisé ce service, je ne pense pas que ce service nécessitait un nom d'utilisateur/mot de passe.  C'était juste l'URL du portail, et j'ai donné mon MAC au fournisseur (le MAC est en haut à droite - "Indentifiant du serveur" qui commence par 00:1A:79).   Vous n'avez pas besoin de cocher la case "informations d'identification de l'utilisateur".

De plus, lorsque j'ai mentionné d'un réinitialisation, il ne s'agissait PAS de réinitialision de votre boîte.  C'est une réinitialisation de votre compte que le revendeur fait sur son panneau. 

2 hours ago, Emporium said:

First of all, stop mentioning the service name.  That is RULE #1.

Secondly, did you VERIFY that there is no "space" in the URL ?  Android on screen keyboard, has a tendency to add spaces after a ".".  I have tested out the same service in the past and it works fine on any Buzz box.
I don't know if something has changed since I tested it, but last I used it, I don't think that service required a username/password.  It was just the Portal URL, and I gave my MAC to the provider (MAC is on the top right - "Server ID" which starts by 00:1A:79).   You do not need to check the checkbox for "user credentials"
Also, when I mentioned for the reset, it was NOT to reset your box.  It is a reset on your account that the reseller does on their panel. 

-------------

Tout d'abord, cessez de mentionner le nom du service.  C'est la règle n°1, et strictement interdit.

Deuxièmement, avez-vous VÉRIFIÉ qu'il n'y a pas d'espace dans l'URL ?  Le clavier à l'écran d'Android a tendance à ajouter des espaces après un ".".  J'ai testé le même service dans le passé et il fonctionne bien sur n'importe quelle boîte Buzz.

Je ne sais pas si quelque chose a changé depuis que je l'ai tester, mais la dernière fois que je l'ai utilisé ce service, je ne pense pas que ce service nécessitait un nom d'utilisateur/mot de passe.  C'était juste l'URL du portail, et j'ai donné mon MAC au fournisseur (le MAC est en haut à droite - "Indentifiant du serveur" qui commence par 00:1A:79).   Vous n'avez pas besoin de cocher la case "informations d'identification de l'utilisateur".

De plus, lorsque j'ai mentionné d'un réinitialisation, il ne s'agissait PAS de réinitialision de votre boîte.  C'est une réinitialisation de votre compte que le revendeur fait sur son panneau. 

Ok sorry, understood.

~ Yes, I checked that is not URL spacing

~ user credentials:

I tested both methods and even after resetting my box it still gives the error and it would not come from the package with my TV provider I took out my old BuzTV XRS4900

and reset and redid my connection and it worked the first time, so still BuzzTV X5 AX-C The BuzzTV the chosen post and to solve the problem, I had to disconnect the power or I had to update my TV package every time, hence why I had to reset the BuzzTV X5 AX-C

What guarantees will you give, will you return another box to me? or are you going to test and implement a fix?

----------------------

Ok désolé, bien compris.

~ Oui, j'ai vérifié qui n'est pas espacement de URL

~ informations d'identification de l'utilisateur:

Je les testés des deux méthodes et même après avoir réinitialision ma box il donne l'erreur quand même et ça ne viendrait pas du forfait avec mon fournisseur de TV

J'ai ressorti ma vielle BuzTV XRS4900 et réinitialision et refais ma connexion et ça fonctionne du premier coup, donc encore BuzzTV X5 AX-C

La BuzzTV X5 AX-C a bien fonctionné la première semaine et ça dernière une mise à jour, par la suite si je naviguais sur les canaux de tv de l'Europe vers ceux du Canada l'écran devenait noir et il était impossible de voir le post choisi et pour résoudre le problème, je devais la décollecte d'alimentation ou je devais mettre à jour à toutes les fois mon forfait tv, d'où le pour quoi j'ai dû la réinitialision la BuzzTV X5 AX-C

Quels garantis, allez-vous donner, allez-vous me retourner une autre boite ? ou vous allez tester et mettre en place une correction ?

21 minutes ago, Gilles1945 said:

I don't understand I received messages and I didn't request any help ??

Because you started this thread, and someone decided to hijack you thread 2 months later, with their issue 🙂

This is what I mentioned to the B Y (and many other newcomers):

PS: Next time please start your own thread, since your issue is NOT related to the original thread.  Thank you

C'est la vie.

• Like 2