Force allow apps on external?

JDMotes

if you dont know how to play with developer mode then you should leave it off. seems like you dont have knowledge about developer options but you did turn on developer mode. theres nothing you can do much if you dont have knowledge and some developers tools/softwares. I would leave developer mode off. 🙂

Thanks for your reply (although not helpful). 
 I have my reasons for having the options that are available through Developer tools as there’s a lot of customization available within the app.
 I simply wanted to see what other owners of the U5 that have Dev Opt enabled have there’s set up for.  Muchas gracias de nada… 😊🤙

• Haha 2

IMHO, force allow apps on external was the biggest mistake Android ever introduced.  Unless there is very specific testing or SERIOUSLY extreme borderline on internal space availability, then is should remain off.  Even on Android phones, it is a disaster waiting to happen when you use it.  Nice idea in "theory" but a disaster in real world use.

For USB debugging, WHY would you enable it if you have no use for it.  If you "needed" it and had a purpose for it, you would know.  So why enable it ?

The ONLY options I have ever played with on the dev options is the Animation ones (Windows Animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale).  By default they are at 1x, and on slower boxes I sometimes change them to .5x to make an android device feel a little quicker.  Turning them off completely does get some apps to misbehave.  Changing anything else (like process limits, etc..) even though it may seem like a nice feature, it can cause all sorts of other instabilities with apps that do not expect the defaults to be different.  There is a reason they are called "developer options".  They are primarily for debugging and trying to stimulate certain conditions in order for a dev to correct and address the way their app behaves when something out of the ordinary happens.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JDMotes said:

Thanks for your reply (although not helpful). 
 I have my reasons for having the options that are available through Developer tools as there’s a lot of customization available within the app.
 I simply wanted to see what other owners of the U5 that have Dev Opt enabled have there’s set up for.  Muchas gracias de nada… 😊🤙

then why don't you know how how to use it?

I bet 99% of the users don't use that option

• Like 1

Thanks for your comment... Like Emporium said above, I’ve found it useful for speeding up opening and closing of tiles and I’ve  seen in videos people using the ‘force usb’ option to get their recordings to work on external drives, which is my main issue. 

21 minutes ago, JDMotes said:

Thanks for your comment... Like Emporium said above, I’ve found it useful for speeding up opening and closing of tiles and I’ve  seen in videos people using the ‘force usb’ option to get their recordings to work on external drives, which is my main issue. 

Force USB has NOTHING to do with getting recording to work.  Especially NOT on a Buzz device with the native BuzzTV apps.   The option you are talking about is to allow you to use "adopted external storage" which has been formatted as internal storage to be used for installing apps, even if the manifest clearly states not to.  Doing so will often break and app, which is why it is not the default option.  It is a last resort option to help with devices that are low on internal storage.  It's like an Android phone when you are using Google Maps in offline mode, by default it will download to internal storage, but the APP itself provides the option to save any downloaded data to an external storage (microSD) if it detects one.  But the Dev option is NOT needed to be enabled.  Setting the Dev option for external USB storage would do nothing for the map download option.  But when you install apps, instead of being installed on your internal storage (like default), they would install on external).  But then when your external storage fails (like most microSD cards do eventually), then you will have ZERO option but to do a hard reset, since nothing will work.

Instead of worrying about dev options (which are pointless in fixing anything except for the minor cosmetic stuff I mentioned - which are only really meaningfull on old archaic boxes), you should have started a thread and explained the real issue you are having with your BuzzTV box and BuzzTV 5 app.

• Like 1