Another EPG issue

JJC

Turned off TS = did not help

I can't find how to clear EPG - sorry,  2nd day using the device, newbie

Using XC

Using a new Classic V5

Checked with provider. They said I could try adding their EPG URL.

I have no idea how or where to add it. They gave instructions for TiviMate and smarters.

Doesn't make sense it worked for 1 day then stopped.

Also, VOD descriptions are gone

Thanks for the help

to clear epg, while watching live tv press menu button, settings, configurations, then go down where it says clear epg and press ok button.

for epg go to server settings, highlight server and click red button to edit, epg source change to server epg if its xml epg.

• Like 1

VOD descriptions are gone ?  Hmm.. Doesn't sound right.  Never seen that.

Maybe it is worth deleting the server entry completely and then recreating it to force a complete resync. 

The timing with the TS thing I think was just a coincidence.

What version of BuzzTV are you using (if you hit the Menu key from the LiveTV screen, it is on the bottom. 5.0.xxx)

• Like 1

Hi,

Updates:

Cleared EPG: Did not help.

VOD: Incorrect information provided.  Descriptions are there and okay.

Still looking for the version. 

If deleting the server and starting over will delete favorites for Live Tv and VOD my wife will kill me since she spent a lot of time on it last night. 😞

Ryu,

The red button you mentioned says "Delete"

Still not finding a place to add EPG URL for XC

Hi,

Version is 5.0.799

I cleared EPG and cache - didn't help.

I recall this happened on TiviMate on another device. One of the reasons I purchased BuzzTv.

It must be on the service providers end, but their solution is to add their supplied XML Url.

Is there any way to add it to XC server setup? I dont see a place to add the URL on the setup screen.

Thanks

red button should give two options edit or delete.

you can go to server settings and you will see three options. Mac server, xc api, and m3u. go to third option m3uclick add playlist, then enter your m3u url then next line where it says xml epg url insert epg url provided by your provider and hit save. then try to connect.

do you how to make a m3u? if not then your provider gave you url and your credentials. all you have to do is replace xxxx with your info. see below sample

http://xxxxxxxx:xx/get.php?username=xxxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

or

http://xxxxxxxx:xx/get.php?username=xxxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx&type=m3u

xxxxxxxxxx:xx       meaning url with port       if dont have port just enter url and ignore :xx  and it should be http://xxxxxxxx/get.php?username=xxxxxxxx&password=xxxxx&type=m3u

xxxxxxx                username

xxxxxx                 password

btw, you can make back up of your favorites and server settings. 🙂

while at server settings or watching live tv, press menu, settings, configurations, backup and restore, click backup, chose backup application settings, or backup servers+favorites+favorite groups or select whatever you want from there then next, then select servers your want to make a backup. if you have only one then select one and if you have multiple then elect all or select whatever you want to make a backup then next then hit backup then choose storage by highlighting storage and click ok button to select right storage then hit next and there you go. so almost same steps to restore just follow on screen instructions. 🙂

The Classic is still at 5.0.799 for public release.  For "beta" and many other boxes, we are up to .906 or so.  Should be updated soon.  Not sure why the update on the Classic has been delayed, but I am sure they have their reason.  

So what fixed the EPG ?  Switched to M3U/XML, or did the XC suddenly start working again ?

• Like 1

Yes, just started working again. Now its gone again.

Weird, I left the room with the box on, when I came back it was off. Turned it on, a message displayed something like loading, not sure because it was too fast. Then the EPG was back for a day.

I have another provider to add for comparison to see how it does.

Will have to switch to m3u/xml. I would like to have the EPG to setup recordings.

Lots of good info in this post. I will be using it all.