won't power up

dishuser

I used to have this issue quite a while ago on one of my 2 xrs4900 boxes, and they were both at same firmware level.  I had tried everything and could not figure it out.  Even tried toggling the WiFi and BT (which had helped previously - maybe try that) and could not figure it out.  And it was working fine for months before that.

Then suddenly one day it just started to work (not due to an update).  I gave no clue what fixed it, but have not seen it since.  I was waiting for the right time to do a factory reset (as next resort) but didn't have to do it finally.

• Like 1

thanx for the suggestion

I use ethernet but found wifi turned on even though it's been off since I pretty much got it

wifi would fail after a few hours so instead of sending it back I got the drill and fish tape out and ran cable...lol

will see how it goes in the morning

Edited by dishuser

I also use cable on all my boxes and used to always disable my WiFi.  But at the time, I recalled that on older laptops, it was the same intel chip that used to control both the WiFi and BT.  So I figured, maybe the 2 were linked on these boxes also and it did seem to make a difference on that box which was having issues.  Now, was it just coincidence ? maybe 🙂 But obviously something gets latched, and for me, it did help a few times.

• Like 1

little while ago my 4900 started to lock up, won't power off, if power off won't turn on. I had to reboot to make it work then problem again both wired and wireless. thats where I found it was my cec settings on 4900 was causing issue. then I turn off cec settings and ever since its been good. maybe you can give a shot to cec and leave it off on box and see if that helps. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ryu said:

little while ago my 4900 started to lock up, won't power off, if power off won't turn on. I had to reboot to make it work then problem again both wired and wireless. thats where I found it was my cec settings on 4900 was causing issue. then I turn off cec settings and ever since its been good. maybe you can give a shot to cec and leave it off on box and see if that helps. 

I don't use cec since I have the bt200 remote

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Woody said:

Had same issue awhile ago on my 4900.. found out if u have wifi off it will prevent it from turning on with remote turned wifi back on and have not had issue since i turned it back on

after factory reset and turning wifi off I've had no problems powering it on with remote

I would have updated sooner but I've had a lot crap going on recently and completely forgot

• Like 1