Nov 2023 - Update

Firstly,  I am a noob  with these boxes ... 

I am running an XRS4500 with FW: V20220919 and IPTV version: 5.0.906.   

After watching for a few hours I get glitching or freezing ... by the 3rd period of a hockey game it is almost unwatchable.   I have tried other channels but it is the same.   After a restart of the modem, and the BuzzTV box itself it is good again for another few  hours again.

Has anyone else  experienced this?   Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.   

No issues here with my IPTV provider and multiple boxes including an xrs4500...  Could be your provider, or your network.  If you are on WiFi instead of wired, it can be even worse.

Many cheap routers and modem/router units provided by ISPs are not very good at maintaining a steady stream without glitches and gets worse as the stream progresses. Can you "test" with an ethernet cabled to your router, to remove the WiFi from the equation ?

• Like 1

Are you running a VPN, if you are not your internet service provider (ISP) may be throttling your service (slowing down your service do to streaming).

It is always a good idea to use a VPN service with any streaming device.

I use Surfshark and have very good results with it.

• Like 1

thanks for the response ... I should have said I am already using an ethernet cable and NOT wifi.   We did just upgrade  to a new modem/router and plan with our ISP.   The  upgrade of theXRS4500 FW  and version  was  done essentially at the same time.   

Here  is  the link to  my specs.  Ignite WiFi Gateway (Gen 2) modem (XB7).

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/equipment-info-fibre-gateway-2-0-xb7/ta-p/29898

It is supposed to be better than what we had.

1 hour ago, wsquared13 said:

@sea157 ... I am not using a VPN ... but I will investigate that option as well.  Thank you.

You do really need a VPN service if you are doing streaming services.

Without a VPN your IPS provider is probably throttling your service.

Like I said, I have very good service with Surfshark VPN service and I even think they have special rates going on right now.

https://surfshark.club/friend/9fvxy9kq

I don't use a VPN with my service and have no issues.

Some ISP will throttle, agreed, but you don't always "need" a VPN.  And like DU mentioned, some services do not even allow a VPN.

I do have one service that I know with one specific ISP is needs a VPN.  But with other ISP, it is not an issue.

• Like 2

You can easily test with a VPN if you want.  Windscribe offers a VPN with 2GB/month  (10GB/month free if you use your email to register).  And no payment info required for this account.  10GB should be enough to validate if the issue can be overcome with a VPN.  Choose a server that is relatively close to you (to keep latency at a minimum) and you should be good.

• Like 1