V5.0.906

Oct 19th

Sent to all Android 9 and Android 11 users running V5.0.893

Changes:

- Fixed a bug with Faves menu

- Minor Bug Fixes

- Fixed a bug with background loading of VOD list

- Fixed a bug with Search by Actor on VOD/TV Series

- Added Sort Feature to Live TV to show favorites for each category appear at the top

- Minor Bug Fixes

- Fixed a duplicate VOD + TV Series bug on some XC Servers

- Fixed a crash in launcher when adding/removing fav apps

- Updated some server APIs to fix some servers wouldn't load

- Fixed fav channels wouldn't load in launcher on 9

- Fixed switching to another format on XC when server only has 1 supported stream format (either TS or HLS)

- Fixed that red/blue light issue on Android 9 when going into Standby

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dishuser said:

shutdown IMO is the better method

why shorten the life of hardware?

I may agree with this statement but for people that like to do the suspend shut down mode, this update said they fixed this problem, but it was not fixed.

I for one do have a reason I prefer to use the suspend mode, and it has to do with my VPN service.

9 minutes ago, sea157 said:

I may agree with this statement but for people that like to do the suspend shut down mode, this update said they fixed this problem, but it was not fixed.

I for one do have a reason I prefer to use the suspend mode, and it has to do with my VPN service.

your vpn doesn't have startup from boot and auto kill?

5 hours ago, sea157 said:

If you suspend, there is nothing that guarantees that your VPN connection will be able to "resume".  If anything, it may hang, due to expired session keys.   After a shutdown, upon reboot most VPN have option to reconnect automatically.   

I have a VPN setup on my mom's tablet and it often suspends and quite often it causes the VPN connection to eventually fail.  So the easy solution (since giving her too many details will confuse her), is to just reboot the tablet.  Once rebooted, it just auto connects to the predefined server and works like a charm.

On TV boxes, shutdown is the cleanest way, and setup the VPN to auto connect.  I have setup mine up to manually use wireguard protocol (lightest for these boxes), and it is quick to connect that it is pretty much always connected before I can connect to my IPTV service anyhow.

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

do you have the newer firmware?

or do you mean you didn't get the latest software update?

I got it late last night

No I meant when firmware was sent ota to the two users install failed

I get all the updates 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This update (or one along the way) seems to break EPG on both my XC and M3U logins. VOD info seems to be unaffected. If I leave it on my unit's stock version of 5.0.796 everything is fine. It would appear that this update doesn't force install so that's good I suppose.

XRS4500R

Firmware version is V20221115

Tivimate & IPTV Smarters do not have this issue. What gives?

Edited by krsmas

When you say it "breaks" can you elaborate.  I have not noticed any issues with EPG on my xrs4500 using XC at least (I have not tried any m3u).

Have you tried Clearing the EPG after you update ?   Have you tried Clearing the Buztv5 cache ?  If there is any corruption, at least this will force it to redownload EPG.   And under XC, is you EPG source set to set to XML EPG or Server EPG in the settings ?

Yes. I cleared EPG, refreshed, tried clearing the cache of Buzz TV 5. All the basic stuff I could think of.

I am using the server EPG settings as instructed by my provider. Neither it nor XML EPG do anything for me.

I get icons for each channel and can stream freely but no information about what's on. Again, the guide info appears just fine prior to using the update function within the app.

I just tried to hop on a beta Buzz TV firmware (typing 2015 on the main update page) but it would appear nothing is available. I can pull another box to test with but I'd be surprised if that makes a difference.

It's a pretty strange issue. Thanks for the reply!

Edited by krsmas