Freezes, plays a few seconds, freeezes, etc etc

neanderthal

Hi all.

I hope you can help me with my problem. As the title alludes, my unit freezes, plays a second or two, freezes again, plays a couple of seconds, freezes, continually. On most channels.

I only watch rugby (South Africa and New Zealand channels) and news channels, but it's doing this for all channels. I've restarted the box over and over again. Thank you for your help.

Incidentally, is there a tips and tricks thread somewhere that I can peruse so that I don't have to start a thread for each issue?

Thanks again.

I have checked for the latest update and it said the current version is the one in my system.

I don't have any thing connected to the box except the tv. I don't know how to measure download speed. I've wanted to add a hard drive so that I could actually have the recordings of the things I have recorded but haven't done so.

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, neanderthal said:

I have checked for the latest update and it said the current version is the one in my system.

I don't have any thing connected to the box except the tv. I don't know how to measure download speed. I've wanted to add a hard drive so that I could actually have the recordings of the things I have recorded but haven't done so.

Thank you.

Post what firmwate and software version it is

Edited by nbs.

1 hour ago, neanderthal said:

Thank you.

in livetv press menu and look for software version at the bottom

if it's not 5.0.893 then press settings/check updates

to test speed go to app store(aptoide) or google play store and download analiti

I tried signing in on my phone to see if I could post the video here, but couldn't remember my password and it locked me out for 15 minutes. I have a meeting at 7am so i'm going to sleep.

I am really grateful for your help and input. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. I appreciate it a lot.

Edited by neanderthal

• 3 months later...

We had what sounded like a similar issue. For us, ALL streams would play for about 5 seconds, then the video would freeze for a fraction of a second and you would also hear an audio glitch (a "pop) and then the video would resume for about 5 seconds and then would glitch again. We were able to fix this. For the Buzz app, I forced-stop. Then cleared cache. Then cleared data. This fixed the issue I described. PLEASE NOTE, that these instructions will also wipe out all saved info like server info, favourites, settings, etc.

59 minutes ago, jellytotz said:

We had what sounded like a similar issue. For us, ALL streams would play for about 5 seconds, then the video would freeze for a fraction of a second and you would also hear an audio glitch (a "pop) and then the video would resume for about 5 seconds and then would glitch again. We were able to fix this. For the Buzz app, I forced-stop. Then cleared cache. Then cleared data. This fixed the issue I described. PLEASE NOTE, that these instructions will also wipe out all saved info like server info, favourites, settings, etc.

just back those up first