Backup / Restore

sea157

How long is it taking people to do a Backup on the U5?

The reason I am asking is because it only take me abut 3 seconds to do a Backup on my U5.

On all my 4500 boxes ( I have 3 of these) it usually take me almost 45 minutes to do a Backup on each one of these.

Am I doing something wrong on the U5 or is it really that fast to do a Backup on the U5 (3 seconds)?

1 hour ago, sea157 said:

How long is it taking people to do a Backup on the U5?

The reason I am asking is because it only take me abut 3 seconds to do a Backup on my U5.

On all my 4500 boxes ( I have 3 of these) it usually take me almost 45 minutes to do a Backup on each one of these.

Am I doing something wrong on the U5 or is it really that fast to do a Backup on the U5 (3 seconds)?

I think you may have gotten these 2 mixed up. 

The 4500 and Android 9 boxes. We were backing up the entire OS. So yes depending on the amount of data you had on the box. It could take 45 minutes. As you're backing up GBs of data. 

On Android 11 devices with our recent OTA update. We made a new Backup/Restore feature for the Buzz app only. So yes taking 3 seconds is normal as the data is basically 1MB or less in size. 

• Like 4

Thank you 

17 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

I think you may have gotten these 2 mixed up. 

The 4500 and Android 9 boxes. We were backing up the entire OS. So yes depending on the amount of data you had on the box. It could take 45 minutes. As you're backing up GBs of data. 

On Android 11 devices with our recent OTA update. We made a new Backup/Restore feature for the Buzz app only. So yes taking 3 seconds is normal as the data is basically 1MB or less in size. 

Thank you allaboutbuzz for explaining it to me, I thought I may have been doing something wrong.