Decoder Initialization Error & Malformed Stream URL Messages

Rem

With guidance from users on this forum, I recently corrected a "No information Available" problem with my EPG.  I now have program information, but when starting up my Classic 5 box, I get  Decoder Initialization Error & Malformed Stream URL Messages. They both go away when I refresh, but I was wondering how to correct the problem. I appreciate your help.

are you hitting home button twice? if you do then stop that. I was having this issue before and i noticed whenever I press home button twice quickly after few try and turn off box (put in sleep) and come back again to watch showed me decoder initialization issue. what that was doing killing my internet not playing anything. to fix that I had to reboot my box. so ever I stopped hitting home button twice I dont see that issue. 🙂

34 minutes ago, Ryu said:

my mom hits on and off so many times and messed up many times and gets frustrate and confuse when it reboots. so for her I had to leave it on suspend and now have been running without single issue. 🙂

better to set start from live tv

would you never shut down a pc?

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

better to set start from live tv

would you never shut down a pc?

its setup to start from live, as far my pc I hardly ever shut down beacuse power in Africa does it automatically for us so many times everyday 😉

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I think you forgot about the battery so loss of power doesn't shut it down 😉

poor dsl 6 Mbps only and not worthy to keep box up when net is down 😅

recently one of my E2 got damaged because of power lol 

dont get power for long enough to keep batteries charge and they die quick lol

Edited by Ryu

1 hour ago, Ryu said:

poor dsl 6 Mbps only and not worthy to keep box up when net is down 😅

recently one of my E2 got damaged because of power lol 

dont get power for long enough to keep batteries charge and they die quick lol

I was referring to pc

there's no battery in any of the buzztv devices..lol

1 hour ago, Ryu said:

buzz can be on ups as well 😉

Absolutely.  My modem, router, one of my access points, switches, buzz box in bedroom and the small TV in bedroom are all on 3x SmartUPS 1500VA units.  Keeps everything up for about 45 minutes for short outages.   

Never needed to rely on them much before (were mostly for power conditioning), but this past year it has been a little more frequent, even considering a small generator now.  And I am in a big major North American city.

• Like 4