Media format is not supported

Techdude6

I have an XRS4900 box. I'm receiving a message at the the bottom of my screen that says.

"Media format is not supported." 

I'm unable to watch LiveTV. 

However, I am able to view VOD. 

I've contacted tech support. They sent an system update. But, the update didn't solve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. 

2 potential things to try:

1> As mentioned my dishuser, In LiveTV, press the menu button, and go to Settings->Configuration and on the top you will see the Media player for Live TV.  Choice is "primary" and "backup".  Try changing between players and see if it is any better.

2> In LiveTV, press the menu button, and go to Settings->Configuration and on the complete BOTTOM of the menu (you can probably just go upwards to get to the bottom of the list, you will see an option for stream format.   Default is probably set to "TS".  If you have the option, try changing it to "M3U8/HLS" option.   For this specific change to take effect, you will probably need to exit Live TV (long press "back" and select "exit"), and then go back into LiveTV.   (May be able to do it with a refresh or something, but properly exiting and then entering LiveTV again is a safe bet).

I've had this XRS4900 for approximately 1 year now. Never had a problem until a few days ago. I turned on the box and wasn't able to get LiveTV.  I can see the Channel List. But, only receiving the: "Media Format is not Supported" message at the bottom of my screen. 

• 8 months later...
On 7/8/2023 at 4:35 PM, Techdude6 said:

I have an XRS4900 box. I'm receiving a message at the the bottom of my screen that says.

"Media format is not supported." 

I'm unable to watch LiveTV. 

However, I am able to view VOD. 

I've contacted tech support. They sent an system update. But, the update didn't solve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. 

I’m facing the same issue presently. Could you please share how you actually resolved the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.