Bad remote????

Pokercouple

New to IPTV.  We tried a friends buzz tv 4500 box.  we loved the fact that we could PVR.  Also we could search for shows.  When doing research I found the classic and the BT250 remote were suppose to be better.  Just got the box and set it up, when we are on a channel and we press the guide button it boots us out and brings us to server settings.  When we are on the EPG and we press the red record button or the red slash nothing happens.  When we press the PVR button it kicks us out.  When we are on the EPG  and press the PG arrow up or down nothing happens.  So we can only scroll up and down one channel at a time.  Not sure if it is difference in the boxes or if there is a defect.  Very new to this .  Any help would be appreciated.

I do not have any such issues with The Classic.

• Have you tried UNPAIRING the remote from the box, and then just using it in IR mode (instead of paired via Bluetooth) ?
  • When you check in the settings, under "remote and accessories" is the remote recognized as a BT250 ? 

Just curious, since the layout is different on the BT100 (issues with original xrs4500) and BT400 (issues with newer xrs4500 units) vs the BT250, and "coincidently" where the EPG button is on the BT250 (top right of DPAD), is the "return/back" button of the BT100 🙂

For the PGUP/PGDN, just a hint, when in a list (like channel list or EPG), the CH+ and CH- buttons also work as PGUp/PGDn buttons (this does not solve your issues, but just saying, since they are more conveniently located).

• Like 1

ok after contacting Buzz Tv and my IP provider I found out in order for the remote to work properly I had to go through the Buzz Tv app to watch my IPTV provider.  I had to enter the API server in the Buzz Tv app and now everything is working perfectly.

• Like 1