BuzzTv XR4000 boots up with a google search bar at the top and 3 icons at the bottom left corner

BuzzTVDude

Hi,

When started my Xr4000 it only shows a google search bar at the top of the screen and three icons at the bottom left side, a speaker icon, a album icon and a play store icon. I dont see the BuzzTV menu like I should. I tried a factory reset and no change.  I contacted BuzzTV support but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this and if so a possible fix.

8 hours ago, BuzzTVDude said:

Hi,

When started my Xr4000 it only shows a google search bar at the top of the screen and three icons at the bottom left side, a speaker icon, a album icon and a play store icon. I dont see the BuzzTV menu like I should. I tried a factory reset and no change.  I contacted BuzzTV support but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this and if so a possible fix.

factory reset should fix but not sure how you did it but watch this videos.

https://youtu.be/1TKa88hjjrg

Thanks everyone aprpecaite the support.

Ryu when you say install this what is it? I only see a grey box no attachments or links. I've done the pin reset 3 times no change and I had actually googled that same video to know how to do it.

This may sound weird but I think they didn't install the BuzzTV app at all. Its functioning like an android phone. I was able to get into the settings and they are all related to an android smart phone. I see nothing for the usual BuzzTV app. Even when booting up I see android and not the cool BuzzTV visuals you see in other XR4000 unboxing videos.

Scroll to the bottom of this page and on the bottom left you will see a little drop down saying "Theme".  Click on it, and you will have 2 options..Select "4.4 Default" not the "dimension" one.   This should fix the display issues, including the grey circle icon on the bottom right of each posting.

Is this a NEW box ?   Or did it work previously and suddenly stopped working ?

IF this is a new box, where did you buy it from ?  Legit Buzz reseller, or some random amazon/ebay seller ?

I had doubts but I was wrong. It worked and I could tell right away because after the update it didnt boot up saying android but showed the buzztv logo. I'm in and the GUI is the BuzzTv one. Thank you all again for your help and support! You guys rock. (Special shout out to Ryu! Hadoken!)

• Like 3