locked channel(s)

dishuser

8 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Strange When I go to organize categor have locked categories 

I have adult locked  and another one swim locked

I locked a few channels and when I went to those channels I was asked for password

Both of mine have locked channels on organize

2 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Both of mine have locked channels on organize

yes on organize but but not in category list

whether I hide it or not it doesn't show

so if for example you don't want to see every global in CA category you still have to scroll through locked channels

but if I don't want to see every category I just hide them

there is no locked in category like others say usa or african

• Like 1

The way I interpreted this option is: that if you have any manually "locked" channels in any category, if you decide to "hide locked channels", they would not show up in channel list or EPG matrix.

This could be handy if there is a category which for the most part has channels you like, but there are 2 or 3 channels which either don't work, or you don't care for.  You could just "lock" the individual channels, and then if you have selected to "hide locked channels", it would not be in the list of channels as you scroll through them. 

Could be quite handy for those who don't use the "favorites" option.  I personally just flag all the channels I want as a favorite, and use that for the most part.  But categories like premium movie channels, at least on one service, there are close to 100 channels, so I don't tag them as favorites, I just switch to that category.  This would be a way to hide individual channels in that category if I know they don't work or just not something I'd ever consider watching.

However as interesting as a feature as it may be, I think there is another issue that needs to be looked at before this (which has been discussed before).   On one of my services for example, I have 3 categories that are "locked" by default (Adult, Adult Premium, and Adult Swim).  And yes, if I select that category and select a channel, it will ask me for a password. Enter password, and it will unlock the channels for a period of time.  And by default, it will NOT add them to your "recent channels list". 

BUT...  Got to "All Channel" and scroll through to the channel range of any of these "locked" category channels, and you can select them and watch them without any password requirement.  And it even adds them all to your "previous channel" list...  So it kind of defeats the locked category 😞   

Not an issue for me (since my kids are grown adults), but I do have a few friends who have commented about it.

9 minutes ago, Emporium said:

The way I interpreted this option is: that if you have any manually "locked" channels in any category, if you decide to "hide locked channels", they would not show up in channel list or EPG matrix.

This could be handy if there is a category which for the most part has channels you like, but there are 2 or 3 channels which either don't work, or you don't care for.  You could just "lock" the individual channels, and then if you have selected to "hide locked channels", it would not be in the list of channels as you scroll through them. 

Could be quite handy for those who don't use the "favorites" option.  I personally just flag all the channels I want as a favorite, and use that for the most part.  But categories like premium movie channels, at least on one service, there are close to 100 channels, so I don't tag them as favorites, I just switch to that category.  This would be a way to hide individual channels in that category if I know they don't work or just not something I'd ever consider watching.

However as interesting as a feature as it may be, I think there is another issue that needs to be looked at before this (which has been discussed before).   On one of my services for example, I have 3 categories that are "locked" by default (Adult, Adult Premium, and Adult Swim).  And yes, if I select that category and select a channel, it will ask me for a password. Enter password, and it will unlock the channels for a period of time.  And by default, it will NOT add them to your "recent channels list". 

BUT...  Got to "All Channel" and scroll through to the channel range of any of these "locked" category channels, and you can select them and watch them without any password requirement.  And it even adds them all to your "previous channel" list...  So it kind of defeats the locked category 😞   

Not an issue for me (since my kids are grown adults), but I do have a few friends who have commented about it.

once unlocked they stay unlocked for an hour

It becomes a category once you manually lock a channel.   It is meant to just refer to all manually "locked" channels (regardless of what category they are in). So it would control the visibility of these channels in their own category (like the favorites category).

I locked 2 channels in 2 different categories (CA and GR).  The category did not show up right away (guess minor glitch - or it is created only once channel list is processed).  But when I got out of Buzztv app and then entered back again, the category is now there with the 2 channels I manually locked (you could also just hit "refresh" from the menu to force a reload of the channels.

lock.jpg

2 minutes ago, nbs. said:

If you hide the category it should hide the channels in the category It doesn't for me

ya you still have to scroll thru locked channels

it's been driving me nuts cause a guy said he could remove a channel in tivimate so I said lock the channel and hide locked category

but it still appears in parent category

• Like 2