NO Update Received

Light House

XRS4000 2 yrs old and still on version 211111. I'm having wifi connection problems. Box keeps dropping connection and having to restart, disconnect wifi, only for it to continue all over again. All devices in house do not drop and receive full speed. I do not have access to ethernet right now. This box isn't that old to have these issues.  Suggestions please and FAST!!! 

9 minutes ago, Light House said:

Version number is in the thread

It's not in the thread but it's in the pic you just posted

After checking for update enter 2015 on your remote

This should update you to buzz 5 software

Your firmware is up to date

WiFi connection issues can be caused by a number of things, including crappy routers, interference from nearby devices (yes even your microwave can cause an issue), chipset incompatibilities between different brands, and even device location (which can cause signal reflections - keep it away from wall corners).

I know it is not what you want to hear, but try moving it to another location/TV to see if the same problem persists.  And if all else fails, you can "try" a factory reset.  Yes you will lose everything and will need to reiinstall everything.

Okay I noticed that when I walk away from the box and it sits for a few minutes is when the Wi-Fi seems to go out or diminish as soon as I refresh the Wi-Fi it goes back up to my regular speed so is there something in maybe a standby mode on the box is not in use that it drops the Wi-Fi speed

I never use standby mode.  Standby mode, "for me at least", has been problematic on all boxes (regardless of brand).  When I have a choice, I just force a proper shutdown.  That way every time you power it up, it is a clean boot. Ya ya, it takes a whopping 1 extra minute to boot.  But it becomes a more enjoyable experience afterwards.

When I bought my home, nearly 25yrs ago, on the advice of an older friend, the first thing I did before doing any renos and painting was run 2x CAT5 (since CAT6 was not around yet), to every room.  In hindsight, that was probably the best thing I ever did.  No need to be dependant on WiFi for anything other than portable devices.

If I could hook up to that cable I would. Unfortunately, I'm staying with Friends and don't have access to ethernet. But, although it may seem odd, when I was at my house, for the hell of it,  I wanted to see what speed I would get via Wi-Fi and it was faster than my ethernet with the Cat 6 cable.  Now that makes zero sense to me.  I've had my friends order another router to see what difference it make. I'll drop a comment on a few days. Thanks!

It’s a known problem since the last update that the 4000 are losing wifi access when not in use .

Apparently the mesh networks are causing the issue.

i myself is waiting for the fix to as the last update was the reason for the wifi  dropping issue 

there is a separate thread about wifi dropping in this forum 

Edited by Leafs99
  • Like 1

If I could hook up to that cable I would. Unfortunately, I'm staying with Friends and don't have access to ethernet. But, although it may seem odd, when I was at my house, for the hell of it,  I wanted to see what speed I would get via Wi-Fi and it was faster than my ethernet with the Cat 6 cable.  Now that makes zero sense to me.  I've had my friends order another router to see what difference it make. I'll drop a comment on a few days. Thanks!