XRS4900 Remote Control Not Working Following Firmware Update

DennisL

Both BT and IR don't work ?  If you "point" the remote to the box, it still does not work ?  Have you tried unplugging the box, and then re-plugging it back in to force a clean boot ?

Sometimes the Bluetooth will do strange things after a major firmware update.  What I do in those cases, is simply go into the settings for Remote and accessories, unpair the remote, and then re-pair it again.  Takes a whole 2 minutes max.

• Like 1

I did all of the above.  Tonight, when I powered on the XRS4900, it kept saying that Bluetooth has stopped working.  I shut it down, unplugged it, waited 30 seconds, then plugged it back in.  It seems to be working fine now.  Fingers crossed that it will continue.  Thank you.

12 hours ago, DennisL said:

I did all of the above.  Tonight, when I powered on the XRS4900, it kept saying that Bluetooth has stopped working.  I shut it down, unplugged it, waited 30 seconds, then plugged it back in.  It seems to be working fine now.  Fingers crossed that it will continue.  Thank you.

Did you try this?

Make sure both Wifi and Bluetooth are turned on in Settings

The error should go away afterwards.