Hooking up soundbar

Flyinghigh

I would take HDMI from box to surround bar then HDMI out from surround bar  to tv. then I would also take optical cable from box to surround bar. 

with this setup I have choice to hear either from tv or surround bar 🙂

if you decided to hear from surround bar only with above setup I would keep volume to zero.

for my parent I ran HDMI cables from 3 devices to tv then optical cable from tv to surround bar. I change audio settings to optical in my tv so this way no matter what they play it plays on surround bar without touching another remote or changing settings. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice tips RYU. I however have it set up a little different now anyway. I came out of the x5 to the HDMI on the TV. Then out of the TV back to the soundbar. It works! Not sure that I know if it is the best way or not. x5 remote controls the volume. You say keep volume to zero. What device are you talking about?

keep volume zero on TV bacuse you want to hear from surround system.

yes the way you have it works and thats how I had for my parents as well before I switched to optical but they dont really care about audio and can not really tell difference lol. they just want audio and video does not matter even if it SD lol. however, its always better to get audio straight from your device to your surround bar so you can hear best straight from your device to surround bar. 🙂