VOD Download, minor glitches

Emporium

I was just testing the VOD download features, which is pretty nice.

However as I was testing, adding, deleting, etc.. I noticed a few small things.

1.  When you have a list of downloads, and you scroll down, select one and hit delete, it does delete, the selector points to the next download, but the metadata/description of the file is still showing the info of the episode you just deleted.   Scroll up then back down, and it is refreshed.  So after a delete, when selector is on the next episode, there should be a refresh of the metadata displayed.  Probably a small fix, and obviously nothing major.

2.  If you start a download and it fails.  Then go back and click "download failed" , it restarts the download, no problem.  BUT then in the list of VOD downloads, you will see 2 listing for the download, and one will show "failed" and the other which is "successful".   If you select and delete the "failed" download, it will delete it, and you will only have the "succeeded" one showing.  BUT if you now select the succeeded one to play it, there is no media file in the back end associated to it, since it was deleted when you deleted the "failed" download.   I suspect that the second download (after the failed one), get's downloaded with the same filename.  But in the list of downloads (internal download list), both entries (the successful and failed one) both point to the same filename.  When you delete the failed entry, the good one left in the internal download list has had it's file deleted (since it pointed to same file as the failed one).   When you REdownload the same VOD (since it has the same name), if an entry exists in the internal VOD download list, it should probably be overwritten/deleted to avoid 2 entries pointing to the same file.

Running on 5.0.727, on the X5..  (Oops.. I just realized I put this in the BuzzTV 5 section instead of the X5 specific - feel free to move it).

If something is unclear or need me to run more tests, let me know.

Thnx

Edited by Emporium
clarified that it is on the X5

On 7/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, Emporium said:

1.  When you have a list of downloads, and you scroll down, select one and hit delete, it does delete, the selector points to the next download, but the metadata/description of the file is still showing the info of the episode you just deleted.   Scroll up then back down, and it is refreshed.  So after a delete, when selector is on the next episode, there should be a refresh of the metadata displayed.  Probably a small fix, and obviously nothing major.

2.  If you start a download and it fails.  Then go back and click "download failed" , it restarts the download, no problem.  BUT then in the list of VOD downloads, you will see 2 listing for the download, and one will show "failed" and the other which is "successful".   If you select and delete the "failed" download, it will delete it, and you will only have the "succeeded" one showing.  BUT if you now select the succeeded one to play it, there is no media file in the back end associated to it, since it was deleted when you deleted the "failed" download.   I suspect that the second download (after the failed one), get's downloaded with the same filename.  But in the list of downloads (internal download list), both entries (the successful and failed one) both point to the same filename.  When you delete the failed entry, the good one left in the internal download list has had it's file deleted (since it pointed to same file as the failed one).   When you REdownload the same VOD (since it has the same name), if an entry exists in the internal VOD download list, it should probably be overwritten/deleted to avoid 2 entries pointing to the same file.

Running on 5.0.727, on the X5..  (Oops.. I just realized I put this in the BuzzTV 5 section instead of the X5 specific - feel free to move it).

Thnx

Thanks for the detailed information on this

We will take a look at this and fix it

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, Emporium said:

Thnx

Fixed today in Version 5.0.742 in Beta

Please check and let me know
I think you will need to on Android 9 Buzz box though, as we don't have a Beta list yet for the X5

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Fixed today in Version 5.0.742 in Beta

Please check and let me know
I think you will need to on Android 9 Buzz box though, as we don't have a Beta list yet for the X5

Just took 742 on my 4900 and tested it, and works as expected now.  Thanks for the quick fix. 

Guess it will eventually make it to the X5.

• Like 3