Moving from internal storage to external

I have an XR 4500 system 5. I finally got the pvr working thanks to a download fron Buzz but it only stores properly on internal memory which is 10GB. I have a properly formatted 60GB USB stick for external. How do I transfer files(movies) from internal to external? The 10 GB fills up quickly (actually 7GB because of apps) and why doesn't the external storage work directly? When I use it, it only records 5 to 25 minutes and then shuts down or doesn't record at all. Should I use a 32 GB?

On 7/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, BruceBucky said:

I have an XR 4500 system 5. I finally got the pvr working thanks to a download fron Buzz but it only stores properly on internal memory which is 10GB. I have a properly formatted 60GB USB stick for external. How do I transfer files(movies) from internal to external? The 10 GB fills up quickly (actually 7GB because of apps) and why doesn't the external storage work directly? When I use it, it only records 5 to 25 minutes and then shuts down or doesn't record at all. Should I use a 32 GB?

Have you tried another USB drive ?  Some USB drives (mostly generic brands - but many name brands also), are sometimes decent speed for reading, but SUPER slow for write speeds.  IF the drive is too slow then it is possible to get a buffer overflow as it tries to write to the stick (ie: data coming in faster than the drive can write), which can be an issue. 

Also, how is your USB stick formatted ?  I strongly recommend using the buzz box to format it as portable storage.  Different types of file systems have different limitations.  FAT32 has a limit of a max file size of 4GB.  exFAT which is often used for larger USB keys, is not always "fully" supported on Android.  Then you have NTFS, which as far as I know is not natively supported on Android.  The internal memory is often formatted in a linux type EXT3/EXT4 type filesystem, which is natively supported and also does not have any filesize limitation.

So, try different external storage (maybe even try an external USB HDD), and format it as portable storage using the buzz box itself.

@Trafford Have you tried any other USB media ?  Try another USB stick or even an external USB HDD.  Many generic USB  keys are just pure junk, or sometimes some are just flaky/defective.

Edited by Emporium