Picture Quality with older TV

This may be of interest to anyone with an older TV. Mine is 7 yr old samsung with 1080p & no HDR. I love Buzz, but have had less than perfect picture (TV 4 & 5 beta) regardless of what settings I tried on my 4500. Yesterday I t activated game mode on TV & it made a huge improvement in picture quality for both live TV & VOD.  Very happy now, and the only downside is wife won't let me buy a new tv like I wanted.

4500 is a couple of years old. It always worked but Live TV picture was always not quite right & VOD was always dark, regardless of settings in Buzz.  Looked ok when watching tv on antenna, so I figured this was a Buzz  issue with non 4K set. Changing  tv to game mode (faster & brighter) resolved the picture concerns. 

Thank you NBS, I am very familiar with this situation. My question should be rephrased: Have you checked VOD on those players when the Server setting of Country Lock is set to US ??

If so, could you post the settings used on the box please?

Player

Stream Format

Buzz Version 5.0.727 or later installed

Buffer Time

Auto Frame Rate

Server setting XC API, MAC, M3U?

System Kernel Version located in "About"

Software Build info located in "About"

As you can see, I am still trying to locate the issue here.