PVR Isuues

I have an XR4500 and I'm having issues with the pvr function. Sometimes it only records about 3 minutes and sometimes when I click on the recorded show it just won't play at all...and sometimes there's no recording listed at all. I'm trying to break free of my cable but unless I can record it's not happening.

• Like 1

There is a beta update available for buzz 5

Home page check for updates

When it says no update available Type 2015 on remote If it says no beta available your mac will go on a list for next week

I would wait till then to troubleshoot issues

Edited by nbs.

I now have the Beta 5 and still the pvr doesn't work. In one case it said it only recorded 1 minute (wouldn't play) and another try it said the full program was there but I got a message "media format not supported".

Edited by BruceBucky

1 hour ago, nbs. said:

there are two media players in menu for playback Have you ried them both

also try inserting a usb stick or dr sd card ,changing storage location to usb stick and see if it records to that

I only see 1 media player available. I'll try the usb

16 hours ago, dishuser said:

live tv/menu/settings/configuration

I have set it to external and secondary and it only recorded 2 minutes which wouldn't even play plus I now have to reboot every time to be able to watch live broadcasts in the new 5. Not impressed with this unit so far.

8 minutes ago, BruceBucky said:

I have set it to external and secondary and it only recorded 2 minutes which wouldn't even play plus I now have to reboot every time to be able to watch live broadcasts in the new 5. Not impressed with this unit so far.

if you have it set to external  you need to use an external player like mx or vlc to play the video

your comment about having to reboot everytime to watch live tvis unclear Post some detail

I switched the video player back to default....that worked.  The PVR is still not working. I recorded a half hour show and when I checked it said said completed but it only had 2 minutes on it. When I hit play  I get the message "no recordings found". In my PVR options for recording storage location the ONLY option is Internal Shared Storage.....no mention of the memory stick.

Edited by BruceBucky