Issues maintain Bluetooth pairing

Having issues with the Bluetooth capabilities of this remote.

Although the remote remains paired (IR) in the settings, it does not maintain its Bluetooth pairing. It only stays Bluetooth connected for a minute or so before reverting back to just regular IR. Reconnecting to Bluetooth then becomes an issue, sometimes freezing the whole system until the Bluetooth pairing functionality stops the pairing process (gives up) unconnected. After numerous attempts it will connect via Bluetooth only to lose connection within 5 minutes max. If I turn off the STB (power) while connected to Bluetooth, the next time I power on, it does not re-establish the Bluetooth connect again without having to go through the whole "add a device" process.

I have subscriptions on it so I'm hoping for other solutions other than resetting the whole box to factory as that would create a whole other headache.

Any thoughts out there?