Buzz 5 VOD help

stevestad

Hi all, This morning I bit the bullet & installed Beta on my XRS4500. All looks good except for one thing . Live TV is fine withe easier to read screens. With VOD I see all icons for the shows, including favourites. However when I go to play I get a blank screen with no sound. Buzz thinks it is playing because when I revese out it asks if I want to continue playing. I have seen some other references to changing VOD player, but I can't find where that is in the Buzz box. I have to fix this before wife finds out.

No change. Live TV works with either Default or Secondary configuration settings. VOD & TV series is blank screen/no sound for both. I restarted the Buzz box after changes but that didn't do anything. Since it worked in V4 and stream seems to be there, Ibut not visible,  am still thinking this is some player type setting. Any other suggestions?

56 minutes ago, stevestad said:

No change. Live TV works with either Default or Secondary configuration settings. VOD & TV series is blank screen/no sound for both. I restarted the Buzz box after changes but that didn't do anything. Since it worked in V4 and stream seems to be there, Ibut not visible,  am still thinking this is some player type setting. Any other suggestions?

you don't change live tv player setting to fix vod

After several days of struggles, I found at least a partial which solved my short term conderns. As per above, VOD & TV series didn't play. That included favourites. However I found that favourites added after the Buzz Beta upgrade worked fine. I "unfavouratized" all of my favourites, and then made them favourites again in Buzz Beta. All of thes play normally.

• Like 2

New update: Favourites wer resolved as per above. All othe VOD categories, the video plays with blank screen and info button doesn't do anything. The get-around is to make that video a favourite and then everything works ok

A head scratcher for me is Live TV. Altho this has worked with Beta 5, there is still one issue. My IPTV  service has a 5 day catchup - a nice feature that I use a bunch. All of the looks backwards use video and they play with blank screen/no sound. Not sure how to get around that.

1 hour ago, stevestad said:

New update: Favourites wer resolved as per above. All othe VOD categories, the video plays with blank screen and info button doesn't do anything. The get-around is to make that video a favourite and then everything works ok

A head scratcher for me is Live TV. Altho this has worked with Beta 5, there is still one issue. My IPTV  service has a 5 day catchup - a nice feature that I use a bunch. All of the looks backwards use video and they play with blank screen/no sound. Not sure how to get around that.

there probably isnt a way to get around it