media format is not supported

orogle

moved to diff state and had to do a hard reset and factory reset to get on internet.  now ppv and vod work ok but rest of channels give the media format is not supported message.  reading this forum it appears that firmware updates can cause this.   running latest firmware v20220923 .. iptv 5.0766  I am thinking how to contact buzz to get this fixed. 

i see some people have had this and was able to get it running and some maybe not.  using mac address fyi

ppv and vod and some new channels work ok

-all help appreciated

First of all, 5.0.766 is not the latest.  That is archaic 🙂  You should be at 5.0.935 (going from memory).

From Live TV, hit menu->settings-Check for updates... ?  Any updates ?

Also, from Menu->settings->configuration, have you tried changing the player used ?

Since you did a factory reset, you "may" need to ask your reseller to do a device reset on his panel for your account.

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

First of all, 5.0.766 is not the latest.  That is archaic 🙂  You should be at 5.0.935 (going from memory).

From Live TV, hit menu->settings-Check for updates... ?  Any updates ?

Also, from Menu->settings->configuration, have you tried changing the player used ?

Since you did a factory reset, you "may" need to ask your reseller to do a device reset on his panel for your account.

they can reset it themself 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emporium said:

I'm assuming your box eventually updated to 5.0.935 ?

not my box, but yes it did update to 935 -->Confirmed.

The 5.0.935 install did not change anything though.

The member installed IP Vanish  ... but just 5 minutes before that his service was reset as well... but he didn't know that so no test results were reported till after he had the VPN installed and tested with success.,,, so hard to say which fixed the issue but one or the other did.

Edited by whacked
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I told him to try a vpn 3 days ago...lol

yes you did, and he did finally take the advice.

I think he felt setting up a VPN would be difficult process with monies involved and etc... , till he did it.

Funny tho about the service reset, it was done not minutes before the VPN install, so hard to say which was the fix ... but both are ISP related.

• Like 1