**NEW** Buzz 6 App Update - V1.0.17 - Aug 20th, 2024

allaboutbuzz

New Buzz 6 App Update
V1.0.17

Sent to all P6 Users who are running 20240816 Firmware on their P6

You will be prompted for the update automatically.
Or you can check manually when in Live TV, pressing Menu>Settings>Check Update

Changes:

- Fixed adding a M3U playlist would fail if user never changed XML EPG URL when adding it
- Fixed an internal crash in EPG grid when closing Sort Option dialog window without changing active sort option
- Fixed Audio/CC menu  wouldn't open in VOD/TV series when Green button is pressed
- Fixed some m3u playlists would fail to load
- the app will now show a proper error message if cannot load a M3U playlist instead of "Channel list is empty", unless m3u doesn't really have any channel
- Fixed "Remove server" button wouldn't properly work in some cases
- added "=" to the keyboard in Add Server menu
- the app should now better handle server errors
- fixed multiple server API and TMDB issues, mostly minor ones
- fixed some XC servers wouldn't load
- added an icon to active sort option in Sort Options pop up menu
- show change log for updates
- fixed a bug when the app wouldn't connect to a server if it hasn't load a previous server yet
- pressing Back on loading animation now stops connecting to server, only works until the app started loading Live TV or VOD/TV series (so when  you see "Connecting..." or "Authenticating..." on loading animation)

Leave Feedback here

Thanks

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, TonyC said:

I'm forever asking stupid questions, so bare with me. I haven't got my Powerstation as of yet, but will these updates already pre-installed?

They won't come pre installed

But you will get update prompts for them once you setup the box 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dishuser said:

mac,xc api or m3u?

Was with xc api 

worked before update. Doesn’t work now. 

second playlist affected its killed off epg (working fine in other apps) again xc api 

Cheers 

For the EPG, did you try to clear cache on the buzztv6 app ?  And/or ClearEPG via the menu->settings ?

I've seen it once where the EPG got corrupted and it seemed to have "vanished".  A clear cache fixed that case.

Worst case, just as a test try to cteate 2 new server entries with the same credentials to see if they work with NEW entries.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 9:49 AM, Bill Nuessle said:

I have no update available on mine.  Mine is at firmware v20240816 v1.0.14 and even manually checking for update says latest is installed.  There a work around or something to get the update?

I have the same issue. I went as far as doing a full factory reset  of the buzztv6. Once rebooted, said it was downloading the latest update, then screen went black for a moment and came back. The .17 update did not install, it still showed  v20240816 v1.0.14 as the latest and said no updates available. I have the P128 model if that makes a difference. 

So my epg came back for the playlist that didn’t have epg last night. 

However adding the service that stopped working last night. I’m just getting a ‘empty server’ response after adding it. Working fine on Buzz 5

What should be my next steps as it was working fine before the update. 

For EPG, it was either corrupted and it refreshed, or server EPG was down for a while (it happens from time to time, but since they are cached, some people don't realize it.

For the other one, I would send a PM to allaboutbuzz with the server details.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 2:08 PM, Emporium said:

From LiveTV, did you go to the menu->Settings->Check for updates ?

No change. No update found. I am on Firmware Version V20240816. IPTV Version 5.0.925.

Another thing, under Android TV OS Build, it shows "20240816 release-keys" with no Version number. Something isn't right. 

19 minutes ago, cyberscott said:

No change. No update found. I am on Firmware Version V20240816. IPTV Version 5.0.925.

Another thing, under Android TV OS Build, it shows "20240816 release-keys" with no Version number. Something isn't right. 

you're using buzztv 5

exit app and from home page press menu/settings/check updates

23 minutes ago, cyberscott said:

5.0.925 ?  That's strange.. My BuzzTV 5 version is 5.0.915.

If you launch BuzzTV 5, and press Menu button, on the bottom, what is the version number ?  Do the same for BuzzTV 6..

3 minutes ago, dishuser said:

you're using buzztv 5

exit app and from home page press menu/settings/check updates

From home page ?  From home page, menu button does nothing on mine.  Need to be in one of the buzztv 6 apps (livetv, vod, tv series, epg, pvr or server settings) for menu button to work in my case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Emporium said:

5.0.925 ?  That's strange.. My BuzzTV 5 version is 5.0.915.

If you launch BuzzTV 5, and press Menu button, on the bottom, what is the version number ?  Do the same for BuzzTV 6..

From home page ?  From home page, menu button does nothing on mine.  Need to be in one of the buzztv 6 apps (livetv, vod, tv series, epg, pvr or server settings) for menu button to work in my case.

apparently it worx on every model except the power station

Edited by dishuser
  • Like 2

The screen you are showing says you have V20240816.  That is the Firmware version and according to first post in this thread, that is the current version.

The IPTV version which shows 5.0.915 is the BuzzTV 5 version (in future firmware version this will change, and it will show the buzztv 6 s/w version instead).

For now (until next public firmware update), go into buzztv 6, and then press the "menu" button on your remote, and you will see the s/w version on the bottom left (1.0.xx).  What is it ?   And from BuzzTV 6, you have gone into the menu, setting, and Check Updates ?

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1