Bugs and known Workarounds

sts41

On 9/6/2024 at 1:18 PM, Emporium said:

Sorry for the late reply, but I assume you mean the "Last channel" button ?  If so, then as DU already mentioned, NO.  The back button, works fine to back out of menus, and long press to "exit" buzztv5.

However here to report 4 additional bugs I noticed on BuzzTV 6.

BUG 1:  Involved last channel in a list and using CH+/CH-

When you are on a category, and you use the CH+ and CH- buttons to channel surf, it seems to work well, except when you get to the bottom of the channel list.  When you get to the second to last channel, it works.  But then when you press CH+, it does NOT show the last channel in the list.  But you press it a second time, and it goes to the TOP of the list.  Now if you press CH-, it seems to do nothing.. Press it a second time, and it jumps to the second to last channel.  So using CH+/CH- buttons for channel surfing you can not seem to get the LAST channel in the category to play.  Seem like internally the pointer is pointing to that channel, but it does not seem to complete the "switching" routine to properly select and play it. 

BUG 2: Involves locked channels and the back button (not the last channel button)

When you tune into a locked channel (either locked by default due to adult category or other, or locked manually by user), if you press the "back" button, it acts like the "last channel" button and changes channel back to the last non-locked channels.  In BuzzTV 5, the pressing the back button on a locked channel behaves like any other channel (it cycles between channel list, full screen with info bar, and full screen no info bar).

BUG 3:  Involved the manually locked channel category.

If you lock a few channels manually, and then go to the "Locked" category, and select channels from the locked category, the "last channel" button has no effect (it's as if it is disabled).  Does not even take you back to the last unlocked channel.

BUG 4: Locked channel from the "All channels" category

Pretty sure I mentioned this a while back, but you can access locked channels (like ADULT category) by going to "all channels" category and scrolling to them and selecting them that way.  No password prompt presented.  Entering the channel number also bypasses it.  This happens ONLY for the default locked categories, NOT manually locked channels.  It you select those, yo do get a prompt.

Feature request 1: 

Can we get the PADLOCK 🔒 symbol preceding the category name for locked categories in the channel list and the "organize favorites" list ?

Bugs 1,2,4 have been fixed on V1.0.30

Will do Bug #3 and your feature request next week

• Like 4

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Bugs 1,2,4 have been fixed on V1.0.30

Will do Bug #3 and your feature request next week

Did a quick check.

BUG #4 is confirmed fixed.

BUG #1 still seems to be an issue.  I don't see any difference.  Still behaves the same.

BUG #2, back button is fixed.  Cycles through the menus as expected. 

BUG #3:  Guess some work was done (or side effect from the other fixes). The last channel button does work now, but it does switch between Locked channels also (for manually locked channels, that is probably not a big deal, however in buzztv5 if you were in an adult category, and switched a few channels (CH+/CH-), then hit the "last channel" button, it would jump to the last unlocked channel (great way to get out if the kids are coming 🙂 ), not the last locked channel (unless option was set to include them in favorites if I recall).  If you long press the "last channel" button, the channel history list is correct (no locked channels in it as expected).  Guess "if" the desired behaviour is similar to buzztv5, then the "last channel" button should jump to the channel that is on top of that linked list of channels when you long press.

Another thing I noted... In a previous version, you had also fixed the shortcut from the Home screen->Settings icon popup->Bluetooth icon to bring up the bluetooth settings.  That now works (thanks).  But when you press the back button, to get out.  Instead of just closing the Bluetooth settings and returning to the settings popup, it returns to the Settings "menu".  Press one more time and it closes the menu and goes to the settings popup.  All other shortcuts on that popup (like the WiFi) will open up their respective settings menu, but then "back" button will close it and return to the popup instead of going first back to settings menu.   Nothing major, just cosmetic, but figured I'd point it out.

Thanks for the great support and progress. 

Have a great weekend.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2024 at 6:54 PM, Emporium said:

Did a quick check.

BUG #4 is confirmed fixed.

BUG #1 still seems to be an issue.  I don't see any difference.  Still behaves the same.

BUG #2, back button is fixed.  Cycles through the menus as expected. 

BUG #3:  Guess some work was done (or side effect from the other fixes). The last channel button does work now, but it does switch between Locked channels also (for manually locked channels, that is probably not a big deal, however in buzztv5 if you were in an adult category, and switched a few channels (CH+/CH-), then hit the "last channel" button, it would jump to the last unlocked channel (great way to get out if the kids are coming 🙂 ), not the last locked channel (unless option was set to include them in favorites if I recall).  If you long press the "last channel" button, the channel history list is correct (no locked channels in it as expected).  Guess "if" the desired behaviour is similar to buzztv5, then the "last channel" button should jump to the channel that is on top of that linked list of channels when you long press.

Another thing I noted... In a previous version, you had also fixed the shortcut from the Home screen->Settings icon popup->Bluetooth icon to bring up the bluetooth settings.  That now works (thanks).  But when you press the back button, to get out.  Instead of just closing the Bluetooth settings and returning to the settings popup, it returns to the Settings "menu".  Press one more time and it closes the menu and goes to the settings popup.  All other shortcuts on that popup (like the WiFi) will open up their respective settings menu, but then "back" button will close it and return to the popup instead of going first back to settings menu.   Nothing major, just cosmetic, but figured I'd point it out.

Thanks for the great support and progress. 

Have a great weekend.

Sent V1.0.31 to testers

Check Issue #1 again

And Check #3, as that should be resolved also

Thanks

• Like 4

4 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Ok great

Let me know on #1 and 3 for sure when you can
So I can close them out, or know what more to fix/look at

BUG #1 through #4 all fixed.   Tested them and work as expected.  They can all be closed. Thank you.

However found one more to add to the back of the queue 🙂  Not sure if it is by design, but I find it strange.

Obviously not all features are implemented yet.  But for now, there is no option for group numbering (which renumbers all channels in a group starting at "1").  So using w*** we have a little over 11000 channels and all numbers from 1 all the way up to 11000+.  But if I am in a specific category (except for ALL CHANNELS), and a key in a channel number that happens to be in another category (ex: 3027 which is Adult swim: Rick & Morty in my case), it will ignore it and not switch.   If I key in a channel number that is in my category, it will change to that channel.

Obviously Buzz is free to code it however they prefer, but I would think that, if group numbering is off (assuming it is eventually added), then entering a channel number on the remote, would first check if it is in your current category (to ensure favorite categories are respected), and if it is in the category you are in, then it should just tune into that channel (no need to change category).  However, if it is NOT in your category, it should switch to the category it is found in, and switch to that channel.

And super low priority was my previous Feature request 1: get the PADLOCK  symbol preceding the category name for locked categories in the channel list and the "organize favorites" list ?

Thanks again.

Wasn't really asking for the group renumbering 🙂  I don't use it myself, but I do use it on my mom's box, just makes it simpler for her to have her favorites ordered from 1 to 99...

Was actually mention more for the bug that if a channel is not in your current category, it will not change to it if you enter channel number on the remote.

I just tested it on BuzzTV 5, and with group numbering disabled, if you enter a channel that is NOT in your currently selected category, it will switch to it, and change the category to "ALL CHANNELS" which is fine also I guess.  I would have chosen to switch to the category the channel is defined under, but that is more of a UI/Buzz choice.  On BuzzTV 6, it just ignores any manual channel inputs if they are not in your currently selected category.

Oh ya, and most importantly for allaboutbuzz to know that the other 4 bugs are fixed and can be checked off the to do list.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elie said:

- Power station 6 not reading the usb stick when you plug a usb is is a bugs need to be fix.

- power station 6 is not connecting to the Ethernet direct only wifi also it is a bug wifi work good but Ethernet direct has a problem

Ethernet works perfectly fine here.  I use Ethernet exclusively on all my boxes.

Just as a test, have you tried using another ethernet switch to connect to ?   If you are connected direct to router, maybe add a switch in the middle, just as a test.

Try doing a hardware reset on the box (reset button is in the NVMe slot area - procedure is similar to other boxes, except for location of reset switch), to see if that helps with your ethernet.  If not, then you "may" have a bad box, I'd recommend contacting Buzz CS.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Ethernet works perfectly fine here.  I use Ethernet exclusively on all my boxes.

Just as a test, have you tried using another ethernet switch to connect to ?   If you are connected direct to router, maybe add a switch in the middle, just as a test.

Try doing a hardware reset on the box (reset button is in the NVMe slot area - procedure is similar to other boxes, except for location of reset switch), to see if that helps with your ethernet.  If not, then you "may" have a bad box, I'd recommend contacting Buzz CS.

mine never worked on ethernet since the start

but I doubt that can fixed with an update

they should do an rma

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dishuser said:

mine never worked on ethernet since the start

but I doubt that can fixed with an update

they should do an rma

Thanks for the feedback.  Guess there were some issues with the first production.   Can happen with the best of them.

Mine has worked since day one.

Agreed on the RMA, but before doing an RMA, they have nothing to lose to try a hard reset.

On 9/16/2024 at 10:57 PM, Emporium said:

BUG #1 through #4 all fixed.   Tested them and work as expected.  They can all be closed. Thank you.

However found one more to add to the back of the queue 🙂  Not sure if it is by design, but I find it strange.

Obviously not all features are implemented yet.  But for now, there is no option for group numbering (which renumbers all channels in a group starting at "1").  So using w*** we have a little over 11000 channels and all numbers from 1 all the way up to 11000+.  But if I am in a specific category (except for ALL CHANNELS), and a key in a channel number that happens to be in another category (ex: 3027 which is Adult swim: Rick & Morty in my case), it will ignore it and not switch.   If I key in a channel number that is in my category, it will change to that channel.

Obviously Buzz is free to code it however they prefer, but I would think that, if group numbering is off (assuming it is eventually added), then entering a channel number on the remote, would first check if it is in your current category (to ensure favorite categories are respected), and if it is in the category you are in, then it should just tune into that channel (no need to change category).  However, if it is NOT in your category, it should switch to the category it is found in, and switch to that channel.

And super low priority was my previous Feature request 1: get the PADLOCK  symbol preceding the category name for locked categories in the channel list and the "organize favorites" list ?

Thanks again.

Added Group Numbering to the road map

And will make entering channel #s function the same way as Buzz 5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2