BuzzTV6 Application: Wishlist for New Features and Enhancements

Stugots

2 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Then you are following the instructions wrong

i go to the very top where it says search, home, livetv, VOD and apps then over one more to get the settings/server setting box, I go down to UPDATES and I am taken to the screen in the pic.......your system is up to date, where it shows.....current IPTV version 5.0.915 

20240821_091837[1].jpg

3 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

i go to the very top where it says search, home, livetv, VOD and apps then over one more to get the settings/server setting box, I go down to UPDATES and I am taken to the screen in the pic.......your system is up to date, where it shows.....current IPTV version 5.0.915 

20240821_091837[1].jpg

This is where we send Firmware Updates 

The Video I uploaded is where we send App updates

These 2 things are separate. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

11 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

The instructions state this. 

You will be prompted for the update automatically.

Or you can check manually when in Live TV, pressing Menu>Settings>Check Update

I attached a Video to show you what I mean. 

thanks for but when i check updates there I get...could not load application updates the first time I tried now it says there are no updates.

12 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

This is where we send Firmware Updates 

The Video I uploaded is where we send App updates

These 2 things are separate. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

no worries, yes i was confused but again, no updates it says

So CHANGE your home screen to BuzzTV 6... Not modern or anything else.  Then launch LiveTV app.. And from the LiveTV app, press "menu" and see on bottom left, what is written for version.  If you are at 1.0.16 or 1.0.17 then the message is correct..

Just now, Emporium said:

So CHANGE your home screen to BuzzTV 6... Not modern or anything else.  Then launch LiveTV app.. And from the LiveTV app, press "menu" and see on bottom left, what is written for version.  If you are at 1.0.16 or 1.0.17 then the message is correct..

it is on the buzztv6 home screen

5 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

it is on the buzztv6 home screen

OK.. Because the picture you posted on your FIRST posting, was NOT on buzztv 6 home screen.  You were on ""BuzzTV Media Player 2" home screen theme.  

BTW: Does hitting the "GUIDE" button on your remote, take you to the EPG guide ?  Assuming you have a server even defined.  If you get a server screen, then buzztv 6 is still not configured.  The server screen for Buzztv 6 is separate from the server screen of buzztv 5.

Edited by Emporium

1 minute ago, allaboutbuzz said:

What is the version # on the Main Menu on your unit

I attached a photo

PXL_20240821_174609433~2.jpg

same as in ur pic, so that seems fine, dunno why I am getting the errors and on the main update page (as shown in the pic) that its diff now...who knows. 

1 minute ago, Emporium said:

OK.. Because the picture you posted on your FIRST posting, was NOT on buzztv 6 home screen.  You were on ""BuzzTV Media Player 2" home screen theme.  

BTW: Does hitting the "GUIDE" button on your remote, take you to the EPG guide ?  Assuming you have a server even defined.  If you get a server screen, then buzztv 6 is still not configured.  The server screen for Buzztv 6 is separate from the server screen of buzztv 5.

yeah i was messing around to see diff launchers ( this is super limited to stick launchers)  and in media player 2 under update I got that error msg, that is why I showed it. and yes when I hit guide button the guide comes up, its one button that does work properly lol back button when in iptv doesn't take u out of IPTV at all, this box seem geared towards IPTV and not android usze 

5 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

same as in ur pic, so that seems fine, dunno why I am getting the errors and on the main update page (as shown in the pic) that its diff now...who knows. 

So that would be why you get no updates available

Because V1.0.17 is the latest update available for the Buzz 6 app.

Same with the Firmware 
Which is 20240816

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Ok not sure
But everything else works now?

some things work, some dont. some buttons work, some don't,  cant control my surround sound with the remote, so I pretty much have to sue 3 remotes if I want to use this box where my other box its all done with one remote, some options in settings don't work, time is stuck on the 24 hr clock, cant change it to the 12 hr clock, location on screen is in same province but wrong city, a lot of tiny things that makes its not a good box really.....unfortunately, I was really looking forward to this box

21 minutes ago, Jeffrags said:

some things work, some dont. some buttons work, some don't,  cant control my surround sound with the remote, so I pretty much have to sue 3 remotes if I want to use this box where my other box its all done with one remote, some options in settings don't work, time is stuck on the 24 hr clock, cant change it to the 12 hr clock, location on screen is in same province but wrong city, a lot of tiny things that makes its not a good box really.....unfortunately, I was really looking forward to this box

We will fix the 24/12 h time in an update. Will look into the Weather. 

What surround sound system and button controls are you referring to exactly?

And you mentioned some buttons don't work? Which ones exactly and what apps are you trying them on. 

7 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

And you mentioned some buttons don't work? Which ones exactly and what apps are you trying them on. 

ok well with my other box the one remote works it all, wakes the tv when the box wakes up, controls my amp volume, etc, its an rca amp for my surround sound system. For an android box this one seems like its mainly geared towards iptv, most android boxes aren't so geared towards that but that's not a biggie, really....when u go to settings, device pref, decode and bitstream, u can not change the audio device to HDMI passthrough so it stays on it, it always goes back to decode.  if I pair the remote to work my tv. i have no volume control at all using the remote. so I have to use one remote to turn the tv on and off, one for the box, and one for the surround sound amp.  The one remote should work it all. the HDIM-CEC section in settings the audio control wont work unless I pair the tv to it and then it doesn't work cause of the surround system set up. the audio amplifier control doesn't do a thing. from what ppl are saying you are locked into the default launchers that come with the box, u can not add any outside launchers at all, this is turning a lot of ppl off from what I have heard, bothers me also as I don't care for the default launchers ,  would be nice if when u click on live tv, you could use the app you want and not have to use the default buzztv app, also when in iptv, watching something, and u hit the back button, on most devices if u keep hitting it it take u right out of what u are in and back to the home screen, this one doesn't, just goes from ur tv screen to the semi guideand back and forth, you have to hit the home button then down to button 5 to get out of the app, real pain in the butt to have to do this every time. i accidently hit the pause button on the remote and now cant get iptv to play again lol. gonna have to unplug and replug again....

34 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

am curious, when you go to all apps, and click on the dbl down arrow box, what does your screen look like?

1 minute ago, Jeffrags said:

i have, its this image, hence why I wanted to see yours 20240821_091837[1].jpg

That is identical to mine. 

Only difference, mine has a little bit of "release notes" history on the left, since mine was updated to that.  In your case, you did a reset, so some of that was already there.