P6 Interface

TonyC

1 hour ago, TonyC said:

Hi Everyone,

So is the P6, Buzz 6 app similar to the Buzz tv 5 app, such as the server settings , which is easy to use?

Thanks

btw, if you look at the history their products have been and are becoming user friendly and features are becoming easy to use and control day by day. 🙂

Edited by Ryu

4 hours ago, TonyC said:

Hi Everyone,

So is the P6, Buzz 6 app similar to the Buzz tv 5 app, such as the server settings , which is easy to use?

Thanks

it looks a lot better

the UI is awesome

Edited by dishuser
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, TonyC said:

That's why i bought the 4000 & 4900, because of the ease of use. I'm not that tech savvy. 

in my books after using two buzztv's state of the art devices you are a tech savvy now. 🙂

On 7/11/2024 at 11:32 AM, TonyC said:

That's why i bought the 4000 & 4900, because of the ease of use. I'm not that tech savvy. 

In my opinion people psych themselves out when it comes to technology even if the layout looks different or there's some new features/settings don't be afraid to play around with the box if you change a setting all you have to do is remember what it was originally set to so that if you make a change and you don't like the results you can put it back to the default setting you're not going to ruin the box and if you really get stuck, which I don't think you will you can always factory reset the box

• Like 1

Agreed.  And with the Backup/restore option in the BuzzTV 5 software (which I am assuming will carry over to BuzzTV 6), you can easily backup you servers, favorites, and buzztv software settings, so if you ever need to factory reset the box (and I do it often when testing), you can easily at least restore those settings, instead of spending time manually redoing them.  So even if you do so many changes while testing and don't remember every one you did and have strange behaviours, there is a simple option.

Sure it does not backup 3rd party apps.  Personally I have all the usual 3rd party apps that I use and like to install, on a single USB stick.  I keep it up to date with all the latest version of the APKs I like to sideload.  So reinstalling them take less than 5 minutes, using the included "app installer".  Then maybe another 10 minutes configuring the few little custom settings on those apps.  Sure if you use Kodi, it can take quite a while to reinstall all the plugins and re-configure, but I have not used that in ages so does not affect me.

• Like 2

I only really mess with one third-party app it's got everything I need on it you just need to add RD or premiumize to it so the app is worth using but because I am almost positive we can't mention other third-party apps in here for obvious reasons I won't mention the name I also assume that some if not most of you use the exact same app back in the day are used to use Kodi and other third-party apps just to see which ones I liked and it's just fun to mess around with that sort of stuff just to see what you can find

9 minutes ago, dishuser said:

I see no issue with naming the app

asking for help with the app is a different story

Oh ok got it the app is called syncler you have to pay for a syncler plus subscription along with RD or premiumize as I mentioned earlier but as long as you don't mind paying for both of those things it's a great app and in my opinion you get what you pay for it's great for movies and TV series

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, buzzer2b said:

Did I miss the actual name for the "RD" ?

Do a little google search with context and you will easily find out what RD means..  Search something like "what is RD or premiumize" 🙂 

Was same price at Canada Computers, Newegg Canada, Staples, memory express and even bestbuy canada.

In the US it was USD$150 (also 40% off) - at least on Amazon,  bestbuy USA.and newegg USA  

Most places, the sale expires tonight (funny some expired as I was typing this - price was $194 when I checked as I started typing, and now I checked again, and back to regular price).

WD has their 2TB black nvme for $192 right now also, and it is a pretty nice price for this unit if you need one.  Prices are coming down slowly on larger nvme.

https://www.westerndigital.com/en-ca/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn850x-nvme-ssd?sku=WDS200T2X0E

• Like 2