Recording with multiple connections

Maestro701

Hey guys, tried to watch another channel while recording another but getting error. It says "recording is in progress. The recording will be cancelled if you change channels". And it gives an option to change channel or cancel. 

A couple weeks back it was working fine, I actually tried recording two channels while watching another, honestly I was just testing. But not I can't record and watch simultaneously any longer even though I have multiple connections and it shows in account info. 

I tried with and without vpn, all stream formats, both players, rebooted, still getting that error.

I have also tried a different service and it works. Mind you, I tried a friend's sub with multiple connections that is the same service as mine and it records and watch with no issue. 

It seems my unit is "seeing" my sub as only having one connection or something has been disabled/changed from the panel/server side. Is this possible that my sub got flagged and itr was restricted?

But if I'm using same IP shouldn't the panel/service see my unit as just opening up another stream? If that makes sense. 

I'm on 935 version

Edited by Maestro701

15 minutes ago, Ryu said:

maybe your credential is compromised and being used somewhere else. I would say change your credentials then check again

Can't be because I can view how many connections are active via menu>>account info. I even used an iptv app on my phone and it still shows the multiple connections. I haven't noticed any active connections other than my own. 

I think my sub has been restricted via the panel or server. I just need to know if that's possible and why? 

like I posted earlier the recording isn't even using a connection

I'm watching other channels while recording and it shows only one connection being used in account info and on the panel

it will shows 2 connections for about 5 seconds after changing channel

59 minutes ago, dishuser said:

like I posted earlier the recording isn't even using a connection

I'm watching other channels while recording and it shows only one connection being used in account info and on the panel

it will shows 2 connections for about 5 seconds after changing channel

That's great!

But I would like to know if recording while watching another channel can be disabled via panel/server even though the sub has multiple connections. 

Remember it worked for me, but after a couple days of me testing it out I get the error now as if I only have 1 connection. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, dishuser said:

anything is possible but I would think if that happened it would show max connections:1

I agree but it doesn't. 

And remember I said I tried a friend's sub that is same as mine with multiple connections and I was able to  record and watch another. 

So it has to be my sub. 

Is it possible to have 3 connections but only one active from the panel/server side. 

I'm baffled. 

However, I use my sub on one other device on my house at the same time so more than one connection is active. What's the difference between using my sub on two devices at the same time and recording while a channel on one device. 

Edited by Maestro701

You also mentioned to me that when you schedule a recording and you are watching some other channel, you get a countdown timer and then it changes to that channel to start the recording.  Is that still the case, or did I misunderstand ?

If that is the case, even though account info says max 3 or 4 connections and active 1, for some reason, the buzztv software seems to think there are no more connections available so it will switch your current active stream.  So I don't know if there is any other flag being negotiated by the XC login client (ie: your box) and the server panel, or does the client just check "MAX connections" minus "Active connection" to see if there are any available connections ?

31 minutes ago, Emporium said:

You also mentioned to me that when you schedule a recording and you are watching some other channel, you get a countdown timer and then it changes to that channel to start the recording.  Is that still the case, or did I misunderstand ?

If that is the case, even though account info says max 3 or 4 connections and active 1, for some reason, the buzztv software seems to think there are no more connections available so it will switch your current active stream.  So I don't know if there is any other flag being negotiated by the XC login client (ie: your box) and the server panel, or does the client just check "MAX connections" minus "Active connection" to see if there are any available connections ?

Yes I still get the countdown message on the screen using scheduled recording. 

You know what? I think it's time for me to try my sub on the 4900 to see what happens. 

2 hours ago, Maestro701 said:

Can't be because I can view how many connections are active via menu>>account info. I even used an iptv app on my phone and it still shows the multiple connections. I haven't noticed any active connections other than my own. 

I think my sub has been restricted via the panel or server. I just need to know if that's possible and why? 

i hav seen when I login first it shows only one connection. then change channel it show's two then three ...etc. then change back to original channel and count down shows back to 1. so if I were you I would change credentials if possible and try again or you can try on 4900 first. 🙂

28 minutes ago, Ryu said:

i hav seen when I login first it shows only one connection. then change channel it show's two then three ...etc. then change back to original channel and count down shows back to 1. so if I were you I would change credentials if possible and try again or you can try on 4900 first. 🙂

Has nothing to do with credentials. 

What you are experiencing is due to your stream format set to auto or HLS. @Emporium has explained this in detail in a few posts in another thread. 

I'm using TS, which does cause that issue. If I have 1 connection active when I change channel it stays at 1

• Like 1

Okay guys, I got it fixed. 

First, I tried it on the 4900, while the Classic was switched off ofcourse. And viola, recording and watching another channel worked. 

Booted up the Classic but still got the error. So, I did a backup within the Buzz app, cleared data in device app settings. Restored backup and it's now working again. 

I remember trying 2, yes 2,recordings and watching another channel and it worked. So maybe this caused the Buzz app to "trip" making it not recognize my sub having multiple connections. Mind you, it worked on a different service so maybe recording 2 channels simultaneously causes a glitch. 

I noticed after restoring I was on the default theme even though dark mode red was enabled which is what I use. So I had to select default and then had to choose red when the Buzz app reopened. 

Stream format was on Auto even though I use TS. I also had to re-enable one button record. 

I also saw a few new categories in my channel list. I've logged out of the Buzz app and rebooted many times and these categories never showed up. Normally it would but the clearing of app data and restore brought them to light. It wasn't like that before. 

Anyway, thank you to everyone who offered assistance and opinions. Really appreciate it. 

• Like 2