PVR Scheduling errors

trupillo

When I try to schedule a recording past midnight, it will give an error when over 00:00.

Example if PVR starts at 23:30 and ends at 00:30. It will not accept 00:30.

This was corrected in a previous update, but the new one has the problem again.

There is still a problem with SCHEDULING over 1/2 hour. It will only record 30 minutes.

I just tried both through recording from EPG, and doing it manually and have no issue at least setting it up.

Are you sure that the END DATE is set correctly to the NEXT day when you do that ?  Otherwise you are trying to go through a worm hole in time, to stop in the past 🙂

• Like 2

I overlooked the END DATE . It works advancing the End Date. Thanks

The recording using the SCHEDULED feature can be set up for more than 30 minutes 

but it only records 30 minutes. Let me know if yours works.

• Like 1

But does the recording of 30 minutes ONLY affect those recording crossing the midnight mark, or ALL recordings ?

Someone recently mentioned on another thread (where it affected all of their recordings), and a hard factory reset seems to have fixed their problem. 

If you don't have too many 3rd party apps on the device, you can backup your servers/favorites to USB stick, and then do a factory reset, restore your servers and try again.

Factory reset:

https://stbtalk.com/topic/300-factory-reset-hard-reset-xr4500-xrs4500/

Different device, same procedure however

2 hours ago, trupillo said:

I sheduled a 1 hour recording but it only recorded 30 minutes !

Time for a factory reset.  Since it is new, you probably don't have much customizations.  And if you have many servers, just use the backup features, it works well.

• Like 2

So I did the factory reset and also de hard reset.

Th problem persists. When I record from the EPG it works fine but if I schedule

the recording and it covers more than one EPG entry, it will only record 30 minutes.

The recordings also have problems sometimes as I cannot FF.

I saw some other posts that talk about similar problems.

TS an PVR definitely have problems! I hope BUZZTV takes notice.

By the way, the BACKUP does not backup the APPS. I had KODI with full addons and had to

download everything again.

First of all, no one ever said backups would backup any 3rd party apps.  They back up BuzzTV settings.  Backing up 3rd party app settings, is the responsibility of the 3rd party app developers.  Everyone does things differently, and Buzz is not going to guess how and what needs to be backed up, or go down that rabbit hole.  Doing a machine snapshot (like they used to do on older boxes), kind of defeats the purpose of doing a factory reset, if you are just going to restore the same junk over the box.  The point of a factory reset is to try to start from clean slate, without the possibility of some 3rd party app causing the issues.

Now for recording not being able to FF, that is a server stream issue. Buzz just records the unaltered stream.  If that stream is encoded in strange ways there are some which cannot be FF or REW (and this will also affect TS).  And that will vary from channel to channel.  I've tested with a few different servers and some work perfect all the time, and others even the same channel (probably different sources) will just not behave properly on playback.  Trying to FF or REW will sometimes even force the stream to play from the beginning again. But that is the source stream.

Have you tried to change the stream type ?  From LiveTV (menu->settings->configuration and I think it is the 7th settings from the top.  Also, keep the RealTime Streaming and Tunneled playback turned off for better compatibility with some servers.  Forcing the stream type to TS can sometimes yield better results for recordings.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, trupillo said:

I don’t see STREAM TYPE in the Configuration Settings 

you must be using mac which is only 1 connection

you can't leave the channel you're recording to watch another channel

• Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 12:26 PM, trupillo said:

So I did the factory reset and also de hard reset.

Th problem persists. When I record from the EPG it works fine but if I schedule

the recording and it covers more than one EPG entry, it will only record 30 minutes.

The recordings also have problems sometimes as I cannot FF.

I saw some other posts that talk about similar problems.

TS an PVR definitely have problems! I hope BUZZTV takes notice.

By the way, the BACKUP does not backup the APPS. I had KODI with full addons and had to

download everything again.

How are you scheduling it exactly that this occurs?

And what do you mean more than one EPG entry?

I am using the Schedule option in PVR. I select the channel , start time and stop time.

example: If Program A starts at 7 pm and ends at 7:30 pm

Program B starts at 7:30 and ends at 9:00 pm

I use start time 7 pm and end time 9 pm.

It will record from 7 to 7:30 ONLY. 

22 hours ago, trupillo said:

I am using the Schedule option in PVR. I select the channel , start time and stop time.

example: If Program A starts at 7 pm and ends at 7:30 pm

Program B starts at 7:30 and ends at 9:00 pm

I use start time 7 pm and end time 9 pm.

It will record from 7 to 7:30 ONLY. 

In the Scheduled Recordings Menu and using Create Manual Recording?

Or you press the Red/REC button on a channel you were watching?

10 minutes ago, trupillo said:

No, it is set to record the same channel for say 1.5 or 2 hours but spanning several different program schedules.

It will stop after first half hour.

Why not just record the entire 2 hours when you create a manual recording?

Or schedule the individual program on the grid epg?