**NEW** Buzz 5 App Update - Version 935 - June 5th, 2024

allaboutbuzz

There was nothing saved on last usb drive I used. I now attached a memory card for backup. I know it’s saving some of my apps. But where can I see that the server settings were backed up? I’m assuming that means log in and favorite channels etc. 

I also want to know how to use the choose file on m3u playlist page (see pic). When I click in it I see my SD card but when I click on it and go back to portal, it still says no file selected. And finally what is Login type under the choose file (in pic)?

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance. It’s hard to find a whole tutorial on this box. I have watched Troypoint’s. 

image.jpg

Yes okay I did know that. It just seems to only take a second to backup. I expect it to take a little longer. Also do you know the answer to my last question about the choose file in the picture.  

21 minutes ago, DiRama said:

m3u

were you just given 2 url's?

one for portal and one for epg?

if so don't worry about using the file option

easiest way with no backup is to use phone or pc to load the 2 url's

If you create or download your own M3U file, you can put it on an SD card, on the box, or on a USB stick and you can choose it.    But keep in mind that, these means that the M3U file is not dynamically updated like the M3U file link typically provided by your service provider.

I create my own M3U file which is a collection of links from various sources.  And even one custom one for my mom with some select international channels and a few others she wants (if I keep 3000+ channels on there, I'd be getting a call 5 times a night when she gets lost browsing.   But to avoid having to manually update her box every time I change a link, I have just put the m3u files on pastebin, and have created an M3U entry with a link to that file on pastebin, instead of loading it locally.  So if I update the file on pastebin, the changes are reflected on mom's box after a "refresh".

So if you don't have an m3u file you want to "test" then like DU mentioned, just ignore it.  It's a nice feature to have for lcal testing, but not something that is used by many.

Wow that sounds too high tech for me! I do only have the 2 URLs from my provider so I guess I don’t need to do anything with that. Although the URL for EPG is currently not working. Thank you so much for all your help EM and DU. 👏

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DiRama said:

Wow that sounds too high tech for me! I do only have the 2 URLs from my provider so I guess I don’t need to do anything with that. Although the URL for EPG is currently not working. Thank you so much for all your help EM and DU. 👏

use xc api and see if you get epg

the portal url,username and password is in m3u url

• Like 1