Jump Interval

allinghj

It is not adjustable on the Buzz box default players as far as I know.  

However for VOD/TV Series, you could set it to use "External" player if you wish, and then you can adjust it to whatever your external player allows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allinghj said:

If you press fast forward quickly and briefly the video jumps ahead per the jump interval. It's usually adjustable.

in vod short press is 10 seconds

long press is whatever you want

live tv using catchup is the same

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 10:44 PM, allinghj said:

If you press fast forward quickly and briefly the video jumps ahead per the jump interval. It's usually adjustable.

If you turn on Real Time Streaming in the configuration menu, it should do what you're looking for on Live TV at least.

• Like 1

My interpretation of his request is to adjust the increment "size" of the fwd/rwd jumps.  ie: being able to define if a single tap on FWD would advance by 10s, 15s, 30s, or even just 5s per press.  Right now, both Primary and backup players I believe is 10secs.

With VLC on Android, I do not see any "adjustment" to even define what a "normal" jump period is.  On the Windows and Mac versions of VLC there is an option to define it, if you go to "tools->preferences->hotkeys" at the bottom, select to show "All" settings, instead of "simple".  Then scroll down to "interface->hotkey" settings, you will then see the definition of the jump length in seconds.

For VOD and TV Series I tried a few external players (obviously android), and both VLC and HB players default to 10 seconds, and no option to adjust.  Only player I saw an option to adjust is MX player pro, which under player/navigation settings, it defaults to 10 seconds, but allows you to adjust it to anything between 1 to 60 secs. 

So at least MX Player is an option for VOD/TV Series if someone wants to be able to adjust it.  For adjusting it on liveTV/Catchup (internal primary and backup players), I guess that would be dependant on the player libraries used by Buzz.  Assuming that the players even have the options available internally, and then for Buzz to "expose" them somewhere for user to be able to adjust if they want.  But that would be a new feature addition.

• Like 4