Connection timed out

2 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Wifi on? Reboot modem?

I did both the portal worked for 5 minutes then frozen so I restarted the box then back to connection timed out or second message is cannot load portal

Yes they said the server is up and running but something with the box, I factory reset and updated to 2.0 version 352. That's the latest version I found online 

Keep in mind that the xpl3000 is a relatively old box (> 5 years old).  And BuzzTV 2 is not being actively updated.    If your server is using some more recent feature on their portal, it is possible it would not be compatible with the older BuzzTV 2 software.   Not saying that is the case, but it is quite possible. 

Did you try using other apps on the box to see if it is truly connected and it is not a network connection issue ?  I think this is the first thing to ensure.

If using MAC based sub, you can try installing and using STBEmu on the box as a test, or for other types (like XC API), you can can try "smarters".

Edited by Emporium

2 minutes ago, hmp said:

I have been using the same portal for 4 years and the portal works on the xpl3000 in another room

So this box works in another room ? 

If so, then it is obviously not the box the issue.   Something in your room (WiFi or ethernet) is the issue if it is timing out.  If using WiFi, box can be too close to the wall with signals bouncing, or other interference.   If it is Ethernet, then check the cables (connect to a laptop or something to confirm).

14 minutes ago, hmp said:

I reset but it's showing version 2.0(247)

If you check for updates, does it not update to (352) ?

If not, let me know and I can PM you the link to the last update apk which should bring it to 352 (but you will have to put it on a USB stick and install it).

And when du asked if you asked the service to do a reset, he did not mean to reset your box.. But the Service provider needs to do a reset on their panel.  As soon as you change something on your box, the service needs to reset your account.  And you can't use the same MAC on 2 different boxes.. Every time you use one box, it will lock out the other.  There is more than just a MAC involved and on the xpl3000 you do not have access to DeviceID 1, DeviceID2 and serial numbers, which are sent along with your MAC to the provider.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emporium said:

If you check for updates, does it not update to (352) ?

If not, let me know and I can PM you the link to the last update apk which should bring it to 352 (but you will have to put it on a USB stick and install it).

And when du asked if you asked the service to do a reset, he did not mean to reset your box.. But the Service provider needs to do a reset on their panel.  As soon as you change something on your box, the service needs to reset your account.

they already did a reset before and updated to 352

that's not the problem

the problem is they need service to do a reset which is what I posted

and to stop using random mac addy's because it will never connect

10 minutes ago, dishuser said:

they already did a reset before and updated to 352

that's not the problem

the problem is they need service to do a reset which is what I posted

and to stop using random mac addy's because it will never connect

Agreed.   And what I am trying to figure out, is do they only have 1 box (and just moved it to another room - since they say it worked fine in the other room), or do they have a second box in the other room, and they are trying to get both boxes working with the same service and cloned MAC ?   

Now I am starting to remember why they at one point removed the option to edit MAC 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Agreed.   And what I am trying to figure out, is do they only have 1 box (and just moved it to another room - since they say it worked fine in the other room), or do they have a second box in the other room, and they are trying to get both boxes working with the same service and cloned MAC ?   

Now I am starting to remember why they at one point removed the option to edit MAC 🙂

No using same type of box with 2  different boxes and 2 separate subscriptions 

Swap the location of the 2 boxes to make sure it is not a connectivity issue with cable/switch.

I once had an issue and it turned out to be a defective few ports on a dlink crappy switch.  Needless to say, never again with dlink junk.

You download it from a PC, and copy it to a USB stick.

When you go to the link, you will see a green "download" button on bottom right, you click on it, it will initialize and go through the download process and you will see the progress line.  When complete, it will popup for you to save it to your PC or you can save it direct to a USB if one is connected.