VOD TV Series not loading?

Dolfan

Hello,

when I go to VOD to select a tv show, no episodes show. They eventually came up yesterday, but no they haven’t shown all day today. Movies work, but episodes in TV series are not there. The box is updated to the latest version. I’ve exited and reloaded channels. Not sure what else to do. 

Thanks!

Have you tried using another app (like smarters or stbemu), just to ensure it is not your provider ?

Also, are these shows you have tagged as favorite or are you searching from them clean ?  Favorites can go "Stale" if the provider changes enough in the list (ie: servers, links, etc..).

Thanks for the ideas - I’m very new to this, not sure how I would change the player?

yes, these are tv shows in my favourites. I’ve tried searching for the same show after removing it from my favourites and it still didn’t  work. 

it comes and goes though - some days they’re there and it can go almost a week with the episode showing up. 

Maybe their server is overloaded and when your box tries to populate it and get's no response.

Checking with another app, will give you some sort of confirmation at least.   Favourites I often only tag for temporary use.  And if they eventually get to a point that I see no episodes, I just remove the favorite and re-search and it typically is fine again for a while until server reshuffles links/redirects.

2 hours ago, Dolfan said:

Thanks for the ideas - I’m very new to this, not sure how I would change the player?

yes, these are tv shows in my favourites. I’ve tried searching for the same show after removing it from my favourites and it still didn’t  work. 

it comes and goes though - some days they’re there and it can go almost a week with the episode showing up. 

Menu ,settings, config highlight vod,tv and change player

• Like 3

When you so "no episodes show", I assume you mean that you see the TV series in question, but when you go into it, the only option you have is "possibly" to see a trailer and that's it ?  No seasons or episodes available to select ?   

OR

Do you actually see everything there, but when you select them, they don't play ?

Are you saying when watching live tv - click menu and check for update there? Yes, no updates available  

I have to wait for bro-in law to return from vacation to check with provider, he got me the box. 

lately, when I go into a series in VOD it’s still blank. I recently left the tv in the blank series, when I came back awhile later the episodes were  loaded. Since then I tested and if I stay in the blank series the episodes eventually load. Maybe after 5-10 minutes. My internet connection is about 350mbs - I assume that confirms it’s a provider issue?