Guide

Nunzio D

Guide will not organize favorites it is showing the station number of the folder instead 1 ,2,3 and so on it is to show on the home page and were able to move them in order this is happening on a 4900 and a U5 Buzz is getting low reviews with Troy point and other sites also.

The few bad reviews are from a handful of users who came here asking for help, but refused to answer the questions asked of them.  They assume they know everything and refuse to answer simple questions.   If the unit turns out to be defective (and every company has a few), Buzz is pretty damn good at replacing them.   

Also, one of the biggest issue with the U5, is people with previous buzzTV boxes, have a tendency of trying the lazy option when swapping boxes, and tend to use the power supply of their previous box.   The power supply fits (unfortunately), and will often even power up the box.  But the other boxes (except for the 4900) all use a 5V power supply.   The 4900 and U5 use a 12V power supply and hence will be very unstable with a 5V power supply.

Also, some people want the boxes so badly, and even though they are not for sale in their country, they will go through freight forwarders or other logistics companies to get their box to their country.  If something goes wrong however, don't expect Buzz to pick up the warranty shipping to a country they technically do not ship to (even though they have in some cases).  And because of this, they are pretty bitter.

And I don't have issues with 4900 and the numbering.  However during one of the last updates, for some reason the default sort order did change on both my 4900 boxes.  But put it back to my preference and it was fine.

Not saying buzz is perfect.  Every company has a few issues with any product.  But they are typically quite good at fixing issues quickly and taking care of their customers.  But some people feel so entitled and do nothing but curse, don't cooperate for trying to identify the issue, and are so negative.  No matter what you do some people are just miserable by nature.

• Like 4

I have the latest update sorry for the live update but when people need to change there mind on a IPTV box cause they didn't get a answer from them and were  still waiting and when you or anyone else going to call anyone out then be prepare to have the facts 

Well go to troy point insider https://troypointinsider.com/t/buzztv-5-latest-update/74941/2023

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The firmware issue which was unfortunately stuck with no updates was addressed pretty quickly (it can happen to anyone, and they did own up to it).  3 options were provided:  If you have a small SD card (even a small 8GB was plenty - probably even smaller would suffice), you can download the required files, make yourself a microSD card and a procedure was provided on how to boot from the SD card and take the update to get past this.   Other option was that Buzz would send you a microSD card to do the update if you really did not have and SD card, and not willing to buy  $5(max) card...  And in some rare cases where people could not follow instructions and bricked their boxes, Buzz did provide replacements.

I had come into possession of a large number of 8GB microSD cards, and even though I do not work for Buzz, I personally even offered many users to create a card and ship it to them.  

For many of my colleagues, I had them bring their boxes into the office and I did the update for them.  It was a simple process.

Every company has had glitches and strange events.  Hell I have boxes from all sorts, from generic Android boxes, Mii Boxes, Nvidia and even BeeLink.  They have ALL had their issues.  BeeLink even abandoned support for one of their boxes less than 6 months after release, when they could not fix some video issues when they first ventured into the S912 CPU.  What distinguishes them is how they recover from it and provide the support.  Buzz has not abandoned anyone.  

For every 100 happy customers, you will always have at least 1 grumpy idiot who doesn't even try to help themselves and all they do is complain.  And they tend to be very vocal.  So I take many of these complaints with a grain of salt.  Those who are willing to debug and answer questions to determine the source of the problem, often get the help they are looking for and then some.

• Like 2

I reached out to them the problem is not fixed on 2 4900 boxes and my U5 box I cannot get the organize favorites to work will not start with 1,2,3 and so on, even on the start off page where your favorites are it has the numbers of whatever folder it was in when I ck for up dates every box says you have the latest update. I am sorry to say that when in different chat rooms and I here people talk how much there customer service has gone down and why people won't support them anymore there is a reason so I guess  all of us  grumpy idiots are all wrong and you are the one that's right, when I read that Troy had enough with buzz he must be one of us  grumpy idiots also. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nunzio D said:

I reached out to them the problem is not fixed on 2 4900 boxes and my U5 box I cannot get the organize favorites to work will not start with 1,2,3 and so on, even on the start off page where your favorites are it has the numbers of whatever folder it was in when I ck for up dates every box says you have the latest update. I am sorry to say that when in different chat rooms and I here people talk how much there customer service has gone down and why people won't support them anymore there is a reason so I guess  all of us  grumpy idiots are all wrong and you are the one that's right, when I read that Troy had enough with buzz he must be one of us  grumpy idiots also. 

Guess you must be, considering the first reply from DU clearly stated to turn group channel numbering ON.  This would get you what you are looking for, but you have just decided to keep replying, but not once answer to say if you DO or DO NOT have it turned on ?  If you have it ON and still can't get it to work, we can move to the next check.  And clearly from the screenshots above, it is NOT a widespread problem, since it works fine for most of us.

Grumpy or illiterate.. It has to be one or the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Redhusker24 said:

There's nothing wrong with my box. I was just reading all the comments and thought it was the end of the 🌍 🤣

they're a member at a few other sites and post nothing but complaints

and they never reply back that the answers fixed their (user) errors or issues

Edited by dishuser